Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."
Three Angels, One Warning
Three Angels, One Warning: Global Confusion
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
Three Angels, One Warning: Global Confusion”
THE FINAL GENERATION—Revelation 14:12
Dylan Grice: “The 99% blame the 1%, the 1% blame the 47%, the private sector blames the public sector, the public sector returns the sentiment . . . the young blame the old, everyone blame [sic] the rich . . .” (in John Mauldin’s “Out of the Box” 10-26-12)
Arthur Schlesinger: “What makes the current situation worse today is that the world faces a spreading recession that will intensify every grievance, every antagonism, every hatred. As good times ease entry into full membership in a national community, so hard times sharpen animosity and conflict. Unemployment, especially among the young, poisons human and social relationships. People who can’t find jobs look around for some other to blame—the blacks or the Jews or the immigrants. If the U.S. goes into depression, it will not be a melting pot. It will be a boiling pot.” (Wall Street Journal 12/11/91)
The Great Controversy: “Those who honor the law of God have been accused of bringing judgments upon the world, and they will be regarded as the cause of the fearful convulsions of nature and the strife and bloodshed among men that are filling the earth with woe.” (614)
□ ID Marker #1—Radical to the End
- The Greek word for “endurance” is hupomone—“ under.”
- Hebrews 12:1-3—Jesus the cross.
- Hebrews 10:36, 37
- Jesus: “He/she who endures to the end will be saved” (Matthew 24:13).
□ ID Marker #2—Radical to God
- “Here are those who keep the of God.”
- Jesus—Matthew 19:18, 19—“the commandments of God” are the (see also Matthew 15:3, 4).
- Paul—Romans 7:12, 7—“the commandments of God” are the .
- John T. Anderson: “There can be no question that the ‘commandments of God’ that the saints keep at the close of earth’s history are indeed the , God’s holy law, the Decalogue spoken from Sinai and committed to writing by God’s own finger.” (Three Angels, One Truth 297)
John T. Anderson: “This divine reminder [of the seventh-day Sabbath in the Fourth Commandment] has been
under attack from the very beginning, for Satan saw how great a the Sabbath can be when faithfully observed. The devil hates the Sabbath, because  it identifies God as the Creator; because  by taking time off and spending it with Him it builds our relationship with God; because  it outlines salvation as a system of grace (we rest in His work); and because  it demonstrates God’s ability to bring His work to completion.” (123)
- “Three Angels, One Warning” that will be the battleground of earth’s endgame between Christ and Satan and that will determine on whose side you will stand.
“To obey is better than sacrifice” (1 Samuel 15:22) for is the highest form of worship.
□ ID Marker #3—Radical to Jesus
- “Here are those who hold fast to the of Jesus.”
- The “faith Jesus” describes His perfect life of unshakeable faith and trust in the Father that He lived out for me, with God gladly receiving Jesus’ victorious faith as my own.
- “Faith Jesus” describes me placing my personal faith in Jesus and His perfect sacrifice in my place, trusting H is victorious life, death and resurrection as the sole basis of my acceptance with God.
- This final ID marker makes it unequivocally clear that obedience to God and His Sabbath is not a form of legalism but is rather the fruit of passionate devotion to Jesus as both and .
□ Seven parallels between Daniel 3 and Revelation 13/14:
- #1—Babylon rules the .
- #2—The king of Babylon creates an to honor himself.
- #3—He demands of himself.
- #4—The penalty for refusal is the pain of .
- #5—All the world bows down and worships the image—all except a small .
- #6—Their reasons for refusal are the same: radical ; radical ; and radical .
#7—Blamed by Babylon, they are thrown to their death—but the Son of God is with them—and them.
“Here is a call . . .”
Are you willing to answer it?
Our Grow Groups help you make new friends, be involved, and grow deeper in your relationship with God. Register to be a leader for your group today!
Thank you for all the kind words, cards, and flowers received in honor of their mother and grandmother, Joyce Juriansz. —Kurtz, Bailey, and Clayton families
"Ideas for Parenting in Today's Society" Topics include: Modern parenting challenges, the spiritual home, and taking care of yourself. All are welcome to attend.
January 19, 10:30 AM
Location: Pioneer Youth Chapel
A panel of four A.U. professors will discuss the topic "The Voices of Parents of LGBT+ Children: Their Journey and Process". All are invited to attend!
January 25, 3:30 PM
Location: Garber Auditorium, Chan Shun Hall, Andrews University
For more events impacting our local university campus, please visit www.andrews.edu/agenda.
A playgroup for caregivers and their children ages 0-5. Come for stories, songs, crafts and playtime. Bring a friend!
Tuesdays, 10:00 AM
Location: Pioneer Nursery Room
Andrews Academy invites all ASM (Adventist Seniors of Michiana) members to come and enjoy a vegetarian meal, mini concert and student testimonials at Andrews Academy. We look forward to our time together.
January 26, 1:00 PM
Location: Andrews Academy
"I will put my trust in Him." Each of us has valuable resources and talents. One such resource is trust. Whom do we trust? How much do we trust? When do we trust? There is One that is the answer to each of those questions. Put your whole trust in Him: He will give you the power to be Faithful in All Things.
The Pioneer Media Team is looking for additional volunteers for its local audio and global television ministry. Members volunteer at least 1 time every 3 Sabbaths, for both the 9:00 AM and 11:45 AM services. Must be at least a Junior in high school for these volunteer roles.