Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."
Stories in the Rearview Mirror
Why I Believe There's an App and a Kiosk that Connect to Heaven
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Stories in the Rearview Mirror: Why I Believe There’s an App and a Kiosk that Connect to Heaven”
- James White
- “When Elder Himes visited Portland, Me., a few days after the passing of time, and stated that the brethren should prepare for another cold winter, my feelings were almost uncontrollable. I left the place of meeting and wept like a child.” (Life Incidences 182)
- “We were married August 30, 1846, and from that hour to the present [Ellen] has been my crown of rejoicing. . . . We entered upon this work penniless, with few friends, and broken in health.” (Life Sketches/1880 126-127 emphasis supplied)
- Ellen White: “I said to my husband: ‘I have a message for you. You must begin to print a little paper and send it out to the people. Let it be small at first; but as the people read, they will send you means with which to print, and it will be a success from the first. From this small beginning it was shown to me to be like streams of light that went clear round the world.” (Life Sketches 125)
- Battle Creek Journal: “He was a man of the patriarchal pattern, and his character was cast in the heroic mold. . . . [I]f the genius to shape and direct the destiny of great communities, be a mark of true greatness, Elder White is certainly entitled to the appellation. . . . Therefore, as with all true founders of communities, his life is not a broken shaft, but an enduring column, whereon others are to build.” (SDA Encyclopedia 1603)
- The Macedonians
- 2 Corinthians 8:1-9
- The great two-step of sacrificial giving
- Ellen White: “Paul was convinced that if [we] could be brought to comprehend the amazing sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven, all would be banished from [our] lives. . . . In the contemplation of Christ we linger on the shore of a that is measureless. We endeavor to tell of this love, and language fails us. We consider His life on earth, His sacrifice for us, His work in heaven as our advocate, and the mansions He is preparing for those who love Him, and we can only exclaim, O the height and depth of the love of Christ!” (Acts of the Apostles 333)
- Jesus’ great ex is God’s great ex for our great ex.
- Malachi 3:10—“‘ Me in this [tithes/offerings],’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw wide open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.’”
- 2 Corinthians 8:7—“I am not commanding you, but I want to the sincerity of your love.”
- A new kiosk and app and Kingdom Growth
“I Surrender All”
Our Grow Groups help you make new friends, be involved, and grow deeper in your relationship with God. Register to be a leader for your group today!
Thank you for all the kind words, cards, and flowers received in honor of their mother and grandmother, Joyce Juriansz. —Kurtz, Bailey, and Clayton families
"Ideas for Parenting in Today's Society" Topics include: Modern parenting challenges, the spiritual home, and taking care of yourself. All are welcome to attend.
January 19, 10:30 AM
Location: Pioneer Youth Chapel
A panel of four A.U. professors will discuss the topic "The Voices of Parents of LGBT+ Children: Their Journey and Process". All are invited to attend!
January 25, 3:30 PM
Location: Garber Auditorium, Chan Shun Hall, Andrews University
For more events impacting our local university campus, please visit www.andrews.edu/agenda.
A playgroup for caregivers and their children ages 0-5. Come for stories, songs, crafts and playtime. Bring a friend!
Tuesdays, 10:00 AM
Location: Pioneer Nursery Room
Andrews Academy invites all ASM (Adventist Seniors of Michiana) members to come and enjoy a vegetarian meal, mini concert and student testimonials at Andrews Academy. We look forward to our time together.
January 26, 1:00 PM
Location: Andrews Academy
"I will put my trust in Him." Each of us has valuable resources and talents. One such resource is trust. Whom do we trust? How much do we trust? When do we trust? There is One that is the answer to each of those questions. Put your whole trust in Him: He will give you the power to be Faithful in All Things.
The Pioneer Media Team is looking for additional volunteers for its local audio and global television ministry. Members volunteer at least 1 time every 3 Sabbaths, for both the 9:00 AM and 11:45 AM services. Must be at least a Junior in high school for these volunteer roles.