Pioneer’s summer renovation project is underway. Sabbath services will meet at Howard Performing Arts Center. Please note the Sanctuary is now closed to the general public. For updates and safety information please visit https://www.pmchurch.org/renovate/updates.
Church is more than just a building; it's about people. Here at Pioneer Memorial Church, on the campus of Andrews University, we believe in helping transform this generation to be more like Jesus through 4 steps: Connect, Grow, Serve, Go.
Giving is a key part of worship here at Pioneer. As part of our weekly worship service, we collect tithes and offering. In addition, we also provide three online options to help you support our global denomination as well as our local church.
To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD OnlineBuy series
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
»The Truth: John 15:1-5
• Andrew Murray: “So close is the union between the vine and the branch that each is without the other, that each is wholly and only for the .” (Abide in Christ 30-31)
1.“Without the vine the branch can do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
2. “Without the branch the vine can also do.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No indispensable than the vine to the branch is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus that, just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world; He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan.” (Abide in Christ 30)
3. “All the vine possesses to the branches.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “. . . all [the vine] has is at the disposal of the branches. As it is the parent, so it is the servant of the branches. . . . All [Jesus’] fullness and all His riches are for you, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists for the branches.”
(Abide in Christ 30-31)
• Ellen White: “Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (Desire of Ages 57)
• “This promised blessing [of the Holy Spirit] brings all other blessings in its train . . . according to the riches of the grace of Christ.” (Desire of Ages 672)
4. “And all the branch possesses to the vine.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• Andrew Murray: “The branch does not exist for itself, but it exists to bear fruit that can proclaim the excellence of the vine. It has not reason for existence except to be of service to the vine. . . . As Jesus gives Himself so wholly over to the believer, the believer feels himself urged to be his Lord’s. Every power of his being, every moment of his life, every thought and feeling belong to Jesus—that from Him and for Him he may bring forth fruit.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• “Now let your answer be, ‘Amen, Lord! So be it. From eternity Christ and I were ordained for ; inseparably we belong to . It is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.’” (Abide in Christ 47)
“All that You have is mine—
And all that I have is Yours.”
The irises at the Roberts have started to bloom. Please look for the sign located at 88785 Kephart Lane in Berrien Springs. Visitors are welcome to drive in to view the display. The peak display will be after May 25. Enjoy the colors and the smells.
May 25 - Jun 5
Location: Roberts Home
PMC Prayer Ministry Team Seeking New Members
Please join our PMC Prayer Ministry Team by volunteering to pray with us during 1st or 2nd service on available Sabbaths. We need you to help us intensify and grow this ministry. For more information contact Andrea Gibbs.
Although Sabbath School classes will not meet, each class will take turn leading out in the lesson discussion. Several microphones will be available for members' participation and interaction. However, the French, the Portuguese and the Yugoslavian classes will meet in the HPAC lobby. Sabbath School leaders will be in the HPAC lobby to respond to your questions or concerns.
"In Exile: Cadences of Home" Begins Next Sabbath
Because Pioneer is "in exile" from its familiar surroundings and spiritual home for the late spring and summer, our new worship/ pulpit theme in the Howard Performing Arts Center will focus on what are called "diasporic morality tales"—dramatic Bible narratives of believers who lived "in exile" among those who did not believe. From these stories both familiar and unfamiliar, what lessons can we draw from their faithful though often conflicted lives? While we're renovating God's House this summer, let's continue to renovate our hearts for Him. Beginning May 11.
Signs of the Times
The annual Signs of the Times campaign has begun and continues through the month of May. Signs of the Times was first published in June, 1874, and celebrates its 145th birthday this June. Signs of the Times is a monthly magazine that encourages readers to lead joyful Christian lives as they await the soon return of Jesus. For more information about Signs of the Times, visit www.signstimes.com.
Volunteer this Summer in Children's Sabbath Schools!
As a university church, we disciple AU students helping in every Sabbath School. During vacation months, substitute teachers and pianists are needed, May through August, and December, each year. Experience God through the eyes of a child by making a Sabbath School small group part of your summer adventure this year. Sign up today!
Jenifer Daley will present the vespers sermon this evening.
May 25, 8:00 PM
Location: PMC Youth Chapel
Knitting Hearts Together
Please join us for a prayerful time of contemplating how we can meet the needs of those who are experiencing serious illness or bereavement. Your prayerful presence is always welcomed.
May 28, 7:00 PM
Location: MacCarty Residence (4541 Timberland Dr.)
Contact: Alice Williams - email@example.com | (269) 461-6815
Lyn MacCarty - (269) 471-9060 or (269) 208-3377