Church is more than just a building; it's about people. Here at Pioneer Memorial Church, on the campus of Andrews University, we believe in helping transform this generation to be more like Jesus through 4 steps: Connect, Grow, Serve, Go.
Giving is a key part of worship here at Pioneer. As part of our weekly worship service, we collect tithes and offering. In addition, we also provide three online options to help you support our global denomination as well as our local church.
To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock”
»Invitation #1—Jesus’ invitation.
• Ralph Carmichael: “The Savior is waiting to enter your heart—why don’t you let Him come in? There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart—what is your answer to Him?”
• Proverbs 23:26—”My child, give Me your .”
• John 14:23—”‘Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our with them.’”
• John 14:17—”‘The Spirit of Truth with you and will be in you.’”
• Ellen White: “That heart is the happiest that has Christ as an abiding . . . . Let us acknowledge Him as our Friend and Saviour.” (My Life Today 157)
»Invitation #2—Jesus’ invitation.
• Mark 13:26, 29 NASB: “‘Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. . . . Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the .’”
• Revelation 22:12, 20: “‘Look! I am coming !’ . . . He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming ‘“
• 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3): “For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them , as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not [GK: no not] escape.”
• Ellen White: “At this time the Laodicean message is to be given, to arouse a slumbering church. Let the thought of the of time stimulate you to earnest, untiring effort. Remember that Satan has come down with great power, to work with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish.” (Selected Messages 1:196)
»Invitation #3—Jesus’ invitation.
• Jesus isn’t even the church—He’s standing on the !
• Ellen White: “The Holy Spirit waits to soften and subdue hearts; but they are not willing to open the door and let the Saviour in, for fear that He will require something of them. And so Jesus of Nazareth passes by. He longs to bestow on them the rich blessings of His grace, but they refuse to accept them. What a terrible thing it is to exclude Christ from His own temple! What a to the church!” (Testimonies to the Church 6:262)
• Song of Solomon: “[She speaks] I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: ‘[He speaks] Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.’ [She] I have taken off my robe—must I put it on again? I have washed my feet—must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my lover . . .” (Song of Solomon 5:2-5).
• Sigve Tonstad: “. . . to this thoroughly unlikeable community, Jesus propositions a privilege so amazing that I don’t dare repeat it (3:20-21).”
"Come in, Jesus"
Take a Break on Broadway
Join the Andrews University Department of Music Voice Students for a fantastic evening of Broadway greats! Wednesday, October 30th at 7:00 p.m. - Howard Performing Arts Center. Featuring moments from Hello Dolly, Kismet, Kiss Me, Kate, West Side Story, Fiddler on the Roof, Porgy and Bess, Godspell, Oklahoma, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and more.
October 30, 2019 7:00 PM
Hundreds of used Adventist books, pamphlets, periodicals, Ellen White books, audio-visuals, and more on sale. The sale is conducted during the hours the Center is open (S: 1 - 5 pm, M-Tr: 9 am - 7 pm and F: 9 am -1 pm) and will run for about three or four weeks as long as materials last.
Begins: October 28, 2019, 9:00 AM
Location: Center for Adventist Research
Bring your papercrafting projects to 8450 M-139, Berrien Springs. Stay until 11 PM. Leave your projects on your table, and come back the next morning at 9 AM to continue to work on your projects. Prizes and chocolates provided. Bring your favorite snack. Small monetary donation requested. Questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 26, 2019 6:00-11:00 PM
Location: Lake Union Conference Board Room
Don’t Miss Our Almost “Grand Opening”
While Renovate: Heart & House is not quite finished, come gather next Sabbath to praise God, to thank our renovation crews, and celebrate our Lord who promises to finish what he began! And don’t miss the two GenZer artists who will be displaying their creativity in both services: “A DIY Guide How to Paint Jesus: GenZ Eye Witness Account.” A Sabbath to remember.
October 26, 2019 9:00 AM
Woody and Peggy Whidden Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary
Come enjoy stories, songs, cake, and punch all to celebrate 50 years of love, commitment, and family. All are invited Saturday night, October 26 at 7:00 pm in the PMC commons. We request no gifts, and we welcome your presence.
October 26, 2019, 7:00PM
Location: PMC Commons
Sophomores Got Talent!
This Andrews Academy class of 2022 fundraiser will take place on Sunday afternoon, October 27 at 5pm at Andrews Academy. The first portion of the event will be CAFE CAIRO, an Egyptian-themed meal, followed by a talent show. Tickets are available from
any sophomore class member or at the Academy office.
27 October, 2019 5:00 PM
Location: Andrews Academy
Registration as been extended to Oct. 27 from 10 am to 11am at the pathfinder building. The date for the first meeting will be send out via email to all who have register. First part of registration is done on-line. The link can be found on the pathfinder page of the PMC website.
October 27, 2019, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Location: Pathfinder Building
Volunteers are needed to commit to one Sabbath a month to help with the flow of traffic during services. If interested or for more info call, text, or email Derrill at 732.379.1300 or legoh@ andrews.edu
Children's church continues today at 4pm at Andrews Academy! Free and open to all, especially K-5th grade kids! Bring a friend!
4:00 PM October 26, 2019
Location: Andrews Academy
Seriously Dating, Engaged, And Newlyweds, register now for an intensive weekend that will supercharge your relationship and help lay the foundation for a successful marriage.