Please invite all kids to call 740-571-4365 to listen to a daily recording of two minute Bible Stories or visit http://gpasdd.com for YouTube Bible Stories. The seed of God's Word sown into the hearts and minds of children has great potential of bringing forth much fruit!
How to Survive the Coming Economic Crisis
The New Wealth Formula
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“How to Survive the Coming Economic Crisis:
The New Wealth Formula”
• “What It’s Like to Grow Up with More Money Than You’ll Ever Spend”
• “So that’s what you need to know about money, right? If that is your primary measure of success or value in life, then good luck with that, because it will feel good.” (https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/abigail-disney-has-more-money-than-shell-...)
• Luke 6:20-26
• Abigail Disney says: “Money is morally neutral”—but Jesus says: “Money is morally .”
• 1 Timothy 6:9-10—“Those who to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”
• Luke 6:37-38
• The Message: “Give away your life; you’ll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. begets .”
• Generosity—God’s big deal:
• Psalm 37:26—“The righteous are always and lend freely. Their children will be a blessing.”
• Proverbs 11:25—“A person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
• Proverbs 19:17—“Whoever is to the poor lends to the LORD, and He will repay them for their deed.”
• 2 Corinthians 9:6, 11—“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows will also reap generously. . . . You will be enriched in every way so you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your will result in thanksgiving to God.”
• 2 Corinthians 8:2—“In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich .”
• 2 Corinthians 9:15—“Thanks be to God for His indescribable .”
• The email
• Desire of Ages: “[At the cross] His love for the sinner is stronger than death. . . He will spare nothing, however dear. . . . Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (57)
"Generosity begets generosity"
During the month of February, PMC will be collecting nonperishable, single serving food items for children within the Berrien Springs community. B4B is currently handing out food bags to 110 children with breakfast and lunch items for both Saturdays and Sundays. Bins will be in the welcome centers with a photo of items that are needed.
The Siegfried H. Horn museum would like to have a few more docents (volunteers). We are working to keep the museum open every Sabbath (Saturday) from 3:00p to 5:00p but we need help. Let us know if you would like to help and if you have not been to the museum (or it has been a while) come on over! 9047 US Highway 31, Berrien Springs, MI 49103.
PMC and this area have more volunteer opportunities than can be filled but we would like to let you know about another few things that you can keep in mind.
1. The Harbor of Hope Food Pantry is always looking for those that could help sort and serve the families that come in to get food. We are open every second and fourth Sundays from 12:30 to 3:30 and you are welcome to come in for Set Up: 10:30- 12:30p, Food Distribution: 12:30-3:30p and/or Clean up: 3:30-until finished. The address is 769 Pipestone Street Benton Harbor, MI 49022
2. Another way to help is with donations. Any non perishable, unexpired food items: new, unopened household cleaning products, laundry products, toiletries: new socks of all sizes: warm hats, gloves and diapers or money is always welcome.
Attention Michigan men! It’s almost time for the Men’s Retreat at Center Lake Bible Camp and Retreat Center in Tustin, MI March 13-15. Speakers Alex Niculaescu and Chad Kreuzer will bring messages to strengthen your walk with Christ. Attend Friday night through Sunday morning or Sabbath only. Hosted by the Bristol Seventh-day Adventist Church and open to anyone. For more info visit their Facebook page or call or text 616-840-3932.
March 13, 4:00 PM
Location: Center Lake Bible Camp and Retreat Center
Come hear the testimonies and answers to prayers as the PMC Youth Missions team shares the pictures, experiences and blessings of the recent Friendship Team trip to Honduras. You will be moved and inspired by what God is doing!
February 8, 5:00 PM
Location: PMC Youth Chapel
Call or come into the ABC Christian Book Store and get 20% off 2020 Devotionals until January 31st.
Graduate student, Gabriela Parra, of the Speech-Languge pathology department is looking to conduct research on bilingual children ages 12-36 months for 14 days that have 1 bilingual parent in the household. For more information please contact Gabriela Parra at: (423)503-2158 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."
For more events impacting our local university campus, please visit www.andrews.edu/agenda.