Church is more than just a building; it's about people. Here at Pioneer Memorial Church, on the campus of Andrews University, we believe in helping transform this generation to be more like Jesus through 4 steps: Connect, Grow, Serve, Go.
Giving is a key part of worship here at Pioneer. As part of our weekly worship service, we collect tithes and offering. In addition, we also provide three online options to help you support our global denomination as well as our local church.
To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
• Abigail Disney says: “Money is morally neutral”—but Jesus says: “Money is morally .”
• 1 Timothy 6:9-10—“Those who to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”
• Luke 6:37-38
• The Message: “Give away your life; you’ll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. begets .”
• Generosity—God’s big deal:
• Psalm 37:26—“The righteous are always and lend freely. Their children will be a blessing.”
• Proverbs 11:25—“A person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
• Proverbs 19:17—“Whoever is to the poor lends to the LORD, and He will repay them for their deed.”
• 2 Corinthians 9:6, 11—“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows will also reap generously. . . . You will be enriched in every way so you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your will result in thanksgiving to God.”
• 2 Corinthians 8:2—“In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich .”
• 2 Corinthians 9:15—“Thanks be to God for His indescribable .”
• The email
• Desire of Ages: “[At the cross] His love for the sinner is stronger than death. . . He will spare nothing, however dear. . . . Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (57)
"Generosity begets generosity"
It’s that time of the year again! Join us and have fun with your friends and family on the hayride! Hot dogs, veggies, chips, s’mores, and beverages will be served.
5:30-7:30 PM Sunday October 20, 2019
Location: Five Pines Ministries, 6597 Smith Rd. Berrien Center
Grief and Loss Colloquium
In this time of earth’s history, losses of all types are inevitable. We will not only face “normal” death events of loved ones and church members, but traumatic events with large-scale death. This resulting trauma must be anticipated. Preparation to be of help to others even while grieving ourselves will become essential. Now is the time to become prepared to use a set of skills that will be helpful and reflect the process that Jesus used when He was on earth.
9:00 AM Sunday September 22, 2019
Location: Theological Seminary S340
Adventist Forum Meeting
Dr. Gary Fraser, director of the Loma Linda Health Study, will present "Living Longer, Living Better: Exploring the Adventist Health Studies" on September 28, 2019 at 3:30 in Garber Auditorium, Chan Shun Hall. This meeting is open to everyone!
3:30 PM September 28, 2019
Location: Garber Auditorium, Chan Shun Hall
Committed was founded in 2003, and the group solidified their sound while at school together at Oakwood University in Huntsville, AL. It has been their strong faith, hard work and creativity that has gotten them to the point of being called one of the nation’s top ten a cappella groups.
7:00 PM October 13
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
Volunteers are needed to commit to one Sabbath a month to help with the flow of traffic during services. If interested or for more info call, text, or email Derrill at 732.379.1300 or legoh@ andrews.edu
Children's church is back! Rich Aguilera presents WILDERNESS ADVENTURE starting September 21 at 4pm at Andrews Academy. Free and open to all, bring a friend!
4:00 PM September 21
Location: Andrews Academy
The gold medal recipients of the largest chamber music competition in the world are making a stop on their Winner’s Tour across the Midwest. Since forming at Texas Tech University in the fall of 2015, the Aruna Quartet has performed a wide range of traditional and contemporary repertoire. Aruna Quartet was awarded the Gold Medal and Grand Prize at the 46th Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition held on the campus of the University of Notre Dame this year.
7:00 PM, September 22, 2019
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
The OSHKOSH report: A very special Pioneer Memorial Church Vespers Sabbath September 21 at 7pm. You are chosen!
September 21, 2019, 7:00 PM
Location: PMC Youth Chapel
Seriously Dating, Engaged, And Newlyweds, register now for an intensive weekend that will supercharge your relationship and help lay the foundation for a successful marriage.
Children's Leadership Conference
The Center for Youth Evangelism along with the North American Division is hosting a Children's Leadership Conference October 12 and Pathfinder Leadership Training October 11-12 at Andrews University. The purpose of this event is to empower leaders to equip parents. Registration and more information can be found at www.cye.org.