The Morning Star Rises
The Morning Star Rises: O Holy Night
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Morning Star Rises: O Holy Night”
Jesus’ gift of the Morning Star—Revelation 2:18-29
□ Stipulation #1—You must this.
- Revelation 2:18-20
- James 4:4-5
The 2nd Commandment: “For I, the LORD your God, am a God.” (Exodus
When Jesus in His letter to His friends in Thyatira warns about “sexual immorality” He talks
like a wounded Lover who is heartbroken over the spiritual of those who try to have an affair with while they declare themselves children of !
- 1 Corinthians 10:18-22
- Stipulation #1—You must get over this: with the Dark Knight.
□ Stipulation #2—You must this.
- Revelation 2:24-28
- Revelation 14:12
Revelation 2:26 The Message: “‘Here’s the reward I have for every conqueror, everyone
who at it, to give up.”
- Stipulation #2—You must hang onto this: with the Morning Star.
□ But how can Jesus give the Morning Star when He is the Morning Star?
Embedded in this letter to Thyatira are two clues that link the Morning Star here to the returning Christ as depicted in the Apocalypse’s most spectacular and detailed portrayal of the Second Coming.
Clue #1—“eyes like a .” (2:18/19:12)
Clue #2—“rule them with a .” (2:27/19:15)
Revelation 19:13—“[The returning Christ] is clothed in a robe dipped in .”
- The Great Controversy: “In the Saviour’s expiring cry, ‘It is finished,’ the death knell of Satan was rung. The great controversy which had been so long in progress was then , and the final eradication of evil was made certain.” (503)
- “. . . when Satan would fill your mind with despondency, gloom, and doubt, resist his suggestions. Tell him of the of Jesus, that cleanses from all sin. You cannot save yourself from the tempter’s power, but he trembles and flees when the merits of that precious blood are urged.” (5T 317)
- “Prayer and faith place the sinner on vantage ground, where the hand of faith can grasp firmly the hand of the Saviour. In and through Christ we may come off more than conquerors.” (Upward Look 322)
“When [we are] in fellowship with God, that unswerving purpose which preserved Joseph and Daniel amidst the corruption of heathen courts will make [ours] a life of unsullied . [Our] robes of character will be spotless. In [our] life the light of Christ will be undimmed. The bright and morning Star will appear shining steadfastly above [us] in changeless glory.” (Ministry of Healing 136)
“O holy night, O holy day!”
- Embedded in this letter to Thyatira are two clues that link the Morning Star here to the returning Christ as depicted in the Apocalypse’s most spectacular and detailed portrayal of the Second Coming.