The Series continues each Sabbath through December 16. Come join us in PMC Room 141 each Sabbath morning from 10:30-11:30. Everyone is welcome on Sabbath mornings from 10:30-11:30 AM in Room 141
The Secret of the Seed
The Secret of the Seed: Unleashing the Divine Potential in You - 4
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Secret of the Seed:
Unleashing the Divine Potential in You”—Conclusion
□ 2 Corinthians 9:6-11
- The 4th Secret: Plant , and you will reap —plant , and you will reap .
Give what your tells you to give, because God loves a giver.
Out of His full and abundant resources God is able to bless you in things, at times, with that you need, to fill you with that is good.
Philippians 4:19—“And my God will meet your needs according to the
riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.”
Malalchi 3:10—“‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in
My house. Test me in this,’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw open the of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.’”
- Ephesians 3:20—“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”
- Jesus: “With man this is impossible, but with God things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).
- Elijah and the widow of Zarepheth
- Jesus and the 5000
- Give what you have, and God will make sure it never runs out!
- Philippians 4:19—“And my God will meet your needs according to the
- □ The Life Cycle of Success
Phase #1—R the G.
He’s the of it all, because He’s the of it all. Haggai 2:8—“The silver and the gold are Mine, says the LORD.”
Psalm 24:1—“The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it.”
Phase #2—R the G.
- Jesus: “Freely you have ; freely .” (Matthew 10:8)
- The parable of the rich fool
- Jesus: “Be toward God.” (Luke 12:21)
- Ed Gungor: “Giving touches a nerve in us that nothing else does. We look a lot like God when we do it [John 3:16]. When you give, you defy the fear that you won’t have enough. You insult greed, the impulse to acquire or possess more than one needs or deserves. If you really believe that God owns it all and that he is your source and provider, giving will be a simple matter. . . . The arena of giving is the only place where exactly what’s going on in your heart is revealed. According to Jesus, giving keeps your heart in motion toward God and away from material things. . . . Your heart will follow the direction of your giving.” (Religiously Transmitted Diseases)
Phase #3—R the G.
- Desire of Ages: “All who consecrate soul, body, and spirit to God will be constantly receiving a new endowment of physical and mental power. The inexhaustible supplies of are at their command.” (827)
- You can never out-give God!
“Everything that God could do was done to save a perishing world. ‘God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.’ God has made it impossible for it to be said that He could have done more than He has done for the fallen race. When He gave His Son, He gave Himself. In one great gift He poured out the whole treasure of heaven. He has revealed a love that defies all computation, a love that should fill our hearts and lives with gratitude.” (Review and Herald January 14, 1902)
“God is a lovely cheerful giver.”
□ 2 Corinthians 9:15
“Thanks be to God
for His indescribable gift!”
Have you tried the new elevator yet? It is complete and the glass door is installed. Many seniors and others with a need for transportation between floors are now able to reach the sanctuary and the lower level. What a blessing! Will you help us reach the goal of having it fully paid for by December of this year? We are over ¾ of the way there. See our temperature gauge in the lobby to see the weekly progress on the last quarter. We can make this happen! Please help pray for the completion of our Fundraising goal. As of 9/23/23, there is $770,105 that has been raised with $229,895 to reach our goal!
The Siegfried H. Horn Archaeological Museum is looking for volunteers to help open the museum to the community from 3-5 PM on Sabbath afternoons. If you are interested in Biblical history and how archaeology supports the Scripture, and you would like to share that with others, join our museum docent team. Please call the Assistant Curator at 269-471-6180 or email email@example.com for more information and ask for an application form.
Each Sabbath morning at both 1st and 2nd services, people gather in "The Prayer Room" to pray for the church service, the participants, the congregants (both in-house and online), and for the prayer requests submitted each week on the Connect Cards (anonymously; requestor names are not included). We participate in the congregational prayer and listen to the sermon on a monitor provided in The Prayer Room. We are in need of more volunteers for both services. You can set your own schedule - once a month, one month a quarter, two months a year, whatever works best for you! If you have a heart to pray for others or are simply looking for more information, please contact Deb Montcalm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Wednesday gathering on Zoom as we share and pray together.