The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat:"
Me and Mrs. Potiphar
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat: Me and Mrs. Potiphar”
- Genesis 39:1-12
- Anatomy of a Temptation:
- #1—Temptation is always .
- Oswald Chambers: “Temptation is a suggested short cut to the realization of the highest at which I aim—not towards what I understand as evil, but towards what I understand as good.” (My Utmost for His Highest 261)
- #2—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:8
- #3—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:10
- #4—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:11
- Christianity Today: “A national survey among churches . . . conducted over the past five years revealed that 68 percent of Christian men and 50 percent of pastors regularly. But even more shocking is that reported being its greatest users.” (April, 2015)
- “When a woman is nursing her child and she’s skin-to-skin with her baby, her brain releases a neurochemical called oxytocin, which emotionally bonds her to her child. The same thing happens during sex. God designed oxytocin as the glue for human bonding. During a sexual release, oxytocin, along with other neurochemicals, are released and cause us to emotionally bond with our partner. When you watch porn, powerful neurotransmitters such as dopamine are also released, which bond you to those images.” (Ibid)
- #5—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:11
- #6—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:12
- 2 Timothy 2:22—“ also youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a heart.”
- Joseph ; David .
- 1 Corinthians 10:13—“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to mankind; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of , that you may be able to bear it.”
- #7—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:9—“How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against .”
- Psalm 51:1-4—“Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love. . . . Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. . . . Against have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight.”
- Whatever you do sexually, you do of God.
- Timothy Keller: “Instead of telling [urban dwellers] they are sinning because they are sleeping with their girlfriends or boyfriends, I tell them that they are sinning because they are looking to their romances to give their lives meaning, to justify and save them, to give them what they should be looking for from God. This idolatry leads to anxiety, obsessiveness, envy, and resentment. I have found that when you describe their lives in terms of idolatry, postmodern people do not give much resistance. Then Christ and his salvation can be presented not (at this point) so much as their only hope for forgiveness, but as their only hope for freedom.” (Quoted in Philip Yancey’s Vanishing Grace 79-80).
- Two Coats—One Robe
- “Therefore I counsel you to buy from me white robes to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nakedness from being seen.” (Revelation 3:18)
- #1—Temptation is always .
The robe of His grace for the rags of my guilt
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."
The blood shortage in America has increased due to the pandemic. We are coming together as a campus to give back to our community by giving blood. Choose your time at https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/donation-time. Amazon is offering a $5 gift card for anyone who donates! Sign up and give back!!!
Wednesday, February 24, 1:00 - 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Commons (enter through blue awning door)