Beginning on Wednesday (7PM), August 17, House of Prayer/PM will slowly climb the summit of the Bible, Romans chapter 8. It will be a simple word by word reflection. Through discussion and meditation you’re invited to recover and revisit the heart of the gospel, the heart of God. Join the conversation and prayers in the youth chapel any Wednesday you’re free.
Charmed into Righteousness
The Greatest Forgiver
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Charmed into Righteousness: The Greatest Forgiver”
- The Stunning Promises
- Isaiah 43:25—“‘I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins .’”
- Isaiah 38:17—“You have put all my sins .”
- Isaiah 44:22—“‘I have swept away your offenses like a , your sins like the .’”
- Jeremiah 31:34—“‘For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins .’”
- Micah 7:18, 19—“Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl our iniquities into the .”
- 1 John 1:9—“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to us our sins and us from all unrighteousness.”
- Isaiah 1:18—“‘Come now, let us settle the matter,’ says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as ; though they are red as crimson, they shall be as .’”
- Hebrews 10:17/8:12—“‘Their sins and lawless acts I will remember .’”
- The Stunning Proof
- Psalm 51:1-2
- 1 Kings 14:8—“‘. . . but you [Jeroboam] have not been like my servant David, who  kept my and  followed me with his heart,  doing what was right in my eyes.’”
- Steps to Christ: “If you give yourself to [Jesus], and accept Him as your Saviour, then, sinful as your life may have been, for His sake you are accounted righteous. Christ’s character stands in place of your character, and you are accepted before God just as if .”
- The Stunning Prayer
- C. S. Lewis: “We must lay before Him what is in us, not what to be in us. . . . The prayer preceding all prayers is ‘May it be the real who speaks. May it be the real that I speak to.” (Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer 22, 82)
- What if—in the light of this breath-taking portrait of God—we made the choice right now to practice spiritual and emotional when we are alone with God in prayer?
- Philip Yancey: “Unless I level with God . . . that relationship [with Him] will go nowhere. I may continue going to church, singing hymns and praise choruses, even addressing God politely in formal prayers, but I will never break through the intimacy barrier. . . . We must trust God with what God already .” (Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? 42)
- Luke 23:34—“Father, forgive them—for they do not know what they are doing.”
- Desire of Ages: “That prayer of Christ for His enemies embraced the world. It took in every sinner that had lived or should live, from the beginning of the world to the end of time. Upon all rests the guilt of crucifying the Son of God. To , forgiveness is freely offered. ‘Whosoever will’ may have peace with God, and inherit eternal life.” (745)
“No better time than Now”
Summer is rapidly coming to an end, and soon it will be time for Fall Grow Groups! Right now we’re looking for dedicated individuals who are excited to share their passions and grow their faith by leading small groups. Fall Grow Groups will meet September 18-December 10, 2022. If you’re interested in leading, text LEAD to 269-281-2345 or visit pmchurch.org/grow. The deadline to register a group is August 20. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Would you like to be a blessing to someone during difficult times? Sign up to be placed on the list to donate food for funeral receptions. This is an easy way to share and such a blessing for the families. Call the church office at 269-471-3133 (Heidi Ha) with your name and phone number or email them to email@example.com.
Future Family DVD series with Andy Stanley Family. We all have one. While some of us loved our "growin up" years, others of us couldn't wait to move out and start fresh. Either way, we want our Future Family to be a step up from our families of origin. Most of us want something better for our children.
July 23--Ideally Speaking
July 30--Power Down
August 6--Common Cause
August 13--All the Fixin's
August 20--Our Way, A Way
August 27--The Echo
Come join us in PMC room 141
Register now for an uplifting and spirit-filled weekend at Camp au Sable. The annual District Nine Family Camp is Labor Day weekend, September 2-5, 2022. Application materials can be found at http://districtnine.wix.com/home.
Join us as we beautify our building and grounds for the beginning of the new school year.
Berrien County Department of Health and Human Services Director, Emersond Jean-Baptiste, has a challenge to every church in Berrien County to find ways to be a cornerstone in impacting the lives of children and families. There are 60 foster homes in
our county and over 200 kids in foster care. This is a great opportunity to make a "Love on the Move" difference in the life of a child. Reach out to me and together with Emersond we can discuss ways to do exactly that. For more information contact Carol Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pioneer's Homebound Ministry is looking for names and contact information of people who are homebound and in need of some personalized attention. Text your information to 262-825-3632.
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.