We will celebrate the life of long-time Pioneer member Erich Bekowies on Sunday, August 9, at 11:00 AM, in the Pioneer sanctuary. Erich and Karen were active members until they moved this winter to be closer to their children. Erich died March 22 in Surprise, Arizona. We pray the comfort of Jesus for Karen and their children Wendy Eberhardt, Michael and families. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What's Going 2 Happen 2 the USA
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
#RxF4Now—If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What’s Going 2 Happen 2 the USA?
- Elijah Mvundura: “Primal passions: fear, egoism, anger, and hatred, the kind that Mussolini and Hitler exploited and mobilized, are once again potent factors in the politics of Western democracies. Driving these passions is the same disillusionment with liberal democracy, the same gnawing sense of overwhelming crisis that things are falling apart and the center cannot hold. The parallels with Europe in the 1920s are ominously striking.” “. . . not only do we have a thoroughly interconnected and interdependent global economy—social media connects people globally, which allows them to speak with one voice. Now imagine a catastrophic global economic collapse against a background of social unrest, radical jihadist and anarchist violence, hordes of extremists inflaming passions and speeches, blogs or tweets of demagogues going viral; and new totalitarianisms become conceivable. As a matter of fact, democracy has been in retreat worldwide. This drift toward authoritarianism brings to mind Christ’s words, ‘If people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?’” (Liberty May/June 2016 p 6)
- Premise #1—God is in —He .
- Daniel 2:19-22
- Portrayal of God #1—He is the ultimate .
- Desire of Ages: “But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God’s purposes know no haste and no delay.” (32)
- Portrayal of God #2—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #3—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #4—He is the ultimate .
- Review and Herald 8-5-1902: “Those who place themselves under God’s control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady trend of events ordained by Him to take place.”
- Premise #2—God’s purpose in Earth politics is always to display His as revealed in His who carry out His .
- Daniel 2:46, 47
- Daniel 3:28, 29
- Daniel 4:37
- Daniel 5:22
- Daniel 6:26, 27
- Premise #3—God expects political leaders—no matter their religious persuasion (or the lack thereof)—to abide by the principles of .
- Proverbs 14:34—“[right-doing] exalts a nation, but [wrong-doing] condemns any people.”
- Proverbs 16:12—“Kings detest wrongdoing, for a throne is established through [right-doing].”
- Proverbs 20:28—“and faithfulness keep a king safe; through his throne is made secure.”
- Proverbs 24:11-12 The Message: “Rescue the perishing; don’t hesitate to step in and help. If you say, ‘Hey, that’s none of my business,’ will that get you off the hook? Someone is watching you closely, you know—someone not impressed with weak excuses.”
- “The Lord has done more for the United States than for any other country upon which the sun shines. Here He provided an asylum for His people, where they could worship Him according to the dictates of conscience. Here Christianity has progressed in its purity.” (Maranatha 193)
- “The Bible was held as the foundation of faith, the source of wisdom, and the charter of liberty. Its principles were diligently taught in the home, in the school, and in the church, and its fruits were manifest in thrift, intelligence, purity, and temperance. . . . It was demonstrated that the principles of the Bible are the surest safeguards of national greatness.” (Great Controversy 296)
- “As nations forget God, in like proportion they become weak morally. . . . It is sin that is ruining nations today. . . . A disregard for God’s law has brought the sure result.” (Character Sketches from the Life of Daniel 45)
- 5T 713
“Once to every man and nation
comes the moment to decide,
in the strife of truth with falsehood,
for the good or evil side.”
—James Russell Lowell
Come join Neighbor to Neighbor and our community as they celebrate their new addition.
August 16, 2:00 PM
Location: 9147 US 31, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
Parents, teachers, school board, and community members are invited to join us at Ruth Murdoch Elementary School for our Annual Cleaning/Work Bee on August 9. Let's bring the school community together to enhance the RMES campus and ensure a safe, healthy, happy and welcoming learning environment for our students. Your participation will make a huge difference and will be greatly appreciated. Please remember to bring your mask.
August 9, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Location: Ruth Murodch Elementary School
Do you have the heart to serve the "least of these?" One of our Pioneer ministries provides a simple church service to those in the Juvenile Detention Center in Berrien Center. Saturday evenings at 6:00 PM we host an interactive Bible study and sing songs with the young people there. For more information and to get involved contact Rodlie Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-471-6154.
We are inviting all youth to come out to Lake Chapin every Tuesday night from June 30 - August 11 at 6:00 PM to join us for Sun, Fun, and Faith! We will have boating, fun, and worship. Masks are encouraged and attendees are asked to remember social distancing. The Youth Department is asking for anyone with a boat who can bring it to out to Lake Chapin on Tuesday nights to contact Brooke Scott at 269-932-5783 via text or call.
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."