Pioneer Women’s Ministries
Easter Reflections 2023
“Who Is This King Of Glory?”
This is our third year of Easter Reflections. You will receive a daily email and a text meditation for nine days on the events that happened during the Passion week. Let us reflect on what Jesus did for us. How does it relate to me today? To receive this daily short blessing, text "GLORY" to 269-281-2345
Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark - 2
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“STORM: Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark”—2
- The Storm
- Ian Bremmer: “The international order itself is unraveling. In the past eight years alone, the world has seen the worst financial crisis in decades, a global recession, a historic debt crisis in the euro zone, a wave of unrest across North Africa and the Middle East, civil war in Syria, a migrant crisis that calls into question the future of Europe’s open borders, war between Russia and Ukraine, Brexit, an explosion of cyber aggression and the election as U.S. President of one Donald Trump. Call it geopolitical creative destruction or just the sound of things falling apart, but the grinding of G-zero gears has become too loud to ignore.” (http://time.com/4606071/american-global-leadership-is-over/)
- Ellen White: “The present is a time of overwhelming interest to all living. Rulers and statesmen, men who occupy positions of trust and authority, thinking men and women of all classes, have their attention fixed upon the events taking place about us. They are watching the strained, restless relations that exist among the nations. They observe the intensity that is taking possession of every earthly element, and they recognize that something great and decisive is about to take place—that the world is on the verge of a stupendous crisis.” (Education 179)
- “Angels are now restraining the winds of strife, that they may not blow until the world shall be warned of its coming doom; but a storm is gathering, ready to burst upon the earth; and when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture.” (Education 179-180)
- The Faith of Jesus
- Luke 18:8—“‘When the Son of Man comes, will He find on the earth?’”
- 1 John 5:4—“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our .”
- John 16:33—“‘I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have the world.’”
- Hebrews 2:10-13—“‘I will put My in Him.’” (v 13)
- Revelation 14:12 NKJV—“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the of Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:57—“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 2:20 KJV—“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in : and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- Revelation 3:21—“‘To the one who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on my throne, I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.’”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 149: “All that Christ received from God we too may . Then ask and receive. With the persevering faith of Jacob, with the unyielding persistence of Elijah, claim for yourself all that God has promised.”
- Remember—when God speaks a word—the instant He speaks the word—the word immediately creates the reality it represents.
- So “Let there be faith” immediately creates faith.
- “God has granted to everyone a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3)
- “‘Have faith in God.’” (Mark 11:22)
Say AMEN to the “faith of Jesus”
Pioneer Women’s Ministries
The PMC Evergreen Pathfinders want to get to Wyoming next summer for the International Camporee. Your support will help us get 100+ Pathfinders and staff there. Click on the link to order some delicious popcorn from March 27th to March 31st. 50% of your purchase will benefit the Pathfinder club. Thank you so much! https://s.dgpopup.com/6kbld748
In light of the nearness of the Second Coming of Jesus, we need to do everything possible to improve our prayer life. Come hear and see for yourself the "Miracles of Prayer," as presented by Sari Butler, former Andrews Academy Counselor. Bring a friend and a dish or two for the potluck and enjoy Sari's presentation as together we learn what we can do to have an intimate connection with Jesus. The monthly ASM is open to all Adventists in Michiana (age 55 or more) and next meets at 1 PM on Sunday, April 9 in the Village SDA Church Fellowship Hall. We will see you there! --Cleon White, President, 269-471-5553, firstname.lastname@example.org
Former AU faculty and PMC member, Dr. Sandra Camp, passed away March 9, 2023, in Walla Walla, WA. All 4 of her daughters were with her. She had recently moved to Walla Walla from Berrien Springs. A small family memorial gathering was held in Walla Walla. During her career at AU (1978-1988), Dr.Camp was Professor of Piano and Piano Pedagogy in the Music Dept. Dr. Camp also taught piano lessons to countless area students for many decades, until her move in June, 2022. There are plans to establish a memorial scholarship in her name. Dr. Camp is survived by her daughters Connie (Ben) Gish, Tonya (Marty) Wessman, Jill (Jeff) Howell, and MerrieLi (Michele) Camp; 6 grandchildren, and 9 great
grandchildren. Messages may be sent to 817 SE Tuscany Dr, College Place, WA 99324.
Celebrate Christ's death and resurrection with the PMC francophone group in a special Easter service at the Seminary Chapel on April 8. Sabbath School is at 10:30am, and the worship service at 11:45am. A simple Agape meal will follow. Tout le monde est bienvenu!
God's Hands 4 Kids is gifting the community with the Christian based trauma training Hope for the Journey from Show Hope - a TBRI (Trust Based Relational Intervention) Virtual Conference. It will be beneficial for anyone who works with kids from hard places such as death in the family, divorce, foster care, adoption. If you are a ministry leader, educator, therapist, foster or adoptive family this is for you. For more information and to register go to GH4K.org.
Our SDA World Service Organization (WSO) at the General Conference ministers to SDA Military Active Duty, Reserves, and National Guard. Also under its umbrella are all levels of Law Enforcement, Firefighters, EMTs, Corrections Personnel, Government Workers, and Military Veterans. All have access to WSO support resources by creating a personal profile at portal.worldserviceorganization.org. Pass the word! Questions-contact James North, Jr., at email@example.com or cell 269-876-2232, your PMC Servicepersons Coordinator.
Easter Reflections 2023
April 1-9 “Who Is This King Of Glory?” Psalm 24:8-10 This is our third year of Easter Reflections. You will receive a daily email and/or a text meditation for nine days on events that happened during the Passion week. Let us reflect on what Jesus did for us. How does it relate to me today? To receive this daily short blessing, text "GLORY" to 269-281-2345 Sponsoring Organization or Ministry Name: Pioneer Women's Ministries
What a blessing! 45 Women attended the “Fellowship Leads To Friendship” event.
Our speaker, Paulette Johnson, Andrews University Dean of Libraries, encouraged us with the many benefits of friendship. Marlene Burt guided us through rounds of “Speed Friendship,” where we became acquainted with one another. And everyone enjoyed the simple lunch we prepared for them. The ladies are looking forward to the next time we can be together again.
Thanks to the continued blessings of the Lord and the ongoing good progress with the Elevator Project--Renovate 2.0--Pioneer's main entrance at the canopy will be closed on Sabbath, March 25, 2023. There will be no access to the Lower Level via the stairs from the reception booth on the main level. (This entrance also remains closed Mondays to Fridays until further notice).
We look forward to having you join us for in-person worship at Pioneer on March 25th and invite you to use the entrance at the Lower-Level Welcome Center and the stairs or the elevator to access the Sanctuary and Earliteen Loft, and to use the entrance opposite Andreasen Wellness Center for access to the Youth Chapel, Media Suite, and Collegiate SS.