The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
Ground Zero and the New Reformation
How to Be Baptized with the Holy Spirit - Part 1
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
"Ground Zero and the New Reformation:
How to Be Baptized with the Holy Spirit"—1
- The Red Letter Truth of the Holy Spirit
- John 16:5-7—The Holy Spirit will take place with us.
- John 14:16-18—The Holy Spirit will bring presence into us.
- John 14:26—The Holy Spirit will teach truths to us.
- John 15:26—The Holy Spirit will speak testimony through us.
- J. I. Packer, Keep in Step with the Spirit: Finding Fullness in Our Walk with God: "The Spirit’s message to us is never 'Look at me; listen to me; come to me; get to know me' but always 'Look at Him, and see His glory; listen to Him, and hear His word; go to Him, and have life; get to know Him, and taste His gift of joy and peace.' The Spirit, we might say, is the matchmaker, the celestial marriage broker, whose role it is to bring us and Christ together and ensure that we together." (Quoted in Frank Hasel, "The Holy Spirit and Spirituality," Jan-Mar 2017 SS Study Guide p 18)
- Desire of Ages: "The Holy Spirit is Christ’s representative, but divested of the personality of humanity, and independent thereof. Cumbered with humanity, Christ could not be in every place personally. Therefore it was for their interest that He should go to the Father, and send the Spirit to be His successor on earth. No one could then have any advantage because of his location or his personal contact with Christ. By the Spirit the Saviour would be accessible to all. In this sense He would be to them than if He had not ascended on high." (669)
The Luke 11 Truth of the Holy Spirit
Luke 11:1-4—7 petitions in the Lord’s Prayer—you get the idea that God really loves it when we Him for what we’d like, for what we want, for what we need!
Luke 11:5-8—Because it’s only when we realize we have that we are ripe and ready for the God has for us.
Luke 11:8—"... yet because of your he will surely get up and give you as much as you ."
Desire of Ages: "This promised blessing [the Holy Spirit], claimed by faith, brings other blessings in its train. It is given according to the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive." (672)
Ellen White: "With the reception of this gift [the Holy Spirit], other gifts would be ours; for we are to have this gift according to the plentitude of the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive." (Ye Shall Receive Power 221)
Luke 11:13—"... how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who [keep on asking/ ] ask Him."
Ellen White: "Morning by morning [Jesus] communicated with His Father in heaven, receiving from Him a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit." (Signs of the Times November 21, 1895)
Acts of the Apostles: "To the consecrated [follower of Jesus] there is wonderful consolation in the knowledge that even Christ during His life on earth sought His Father for fresh supplies of needed grace." (56)
Christ’s Object Lessons: "Our prayers are to be as earnest and persistent as was the petition of the needy friend who asked for the loaves at midnight. The more earnestly and steadfastly we ask, the will be our spiritual union with Christ." (146)
- For a PDF of Helmut Haubeil’s Steps to Personal Revival: Being Filled with the Holy Spirit click here.
“He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” — Luke 3:16
For study guide answers download the Study Guide PDF
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."
The blood shortage in America has increased due to the pandemic. We are coming together as a campus to give back to our community by giving blood. Choose your time at https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/donation-time. Amazon is offering a $5 gift card for anyone who donates! Sign up and give back!!!
Wednesday, February 24, 1:00 - 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Commons (enter through blue awning door)