Robby Raney and some of his colleagues will present a hymn sing program at 4:00 PM on October 22 at Historic Adventist Village in Battle Creek, Michigan. You're invited to come and sing the stories of our Pioneers.
2017 Holiday Season
Who Makes the Wind His Messengers: The Christmas Compact
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Who Makes the Wind His Messengers:
The Christmas Compact”
- Psalm 104:4/Hebrews 1:7, 14
- Desire of Ages 48: “Heaven and earth are no wider apart today than when shepherds listened to the angels’ song. Humanity is still as much the object of heaven’s solicitude as when common men of common occupations met angels at noonday, and talked with the heavenly messengers in the vineyards and the fields. To us in the common walks of life, heaven may be very near. Angels from the courts above will attend the steps of those who come and go at God’s command.”
- Desire of Ages 440: “Angels are ever present where they are most needed, with those who have the hardest battle with self to fight, and whose surroundings are the most discouraging.”
- Douglas Cooper: “15. The providence and protection and guidance of angels become more evident in your life. ‘Are they not all ministering spirits, sent to minister for them who will be the heirs of salvation?’ (Hebrews 1:). In a very real sense, anges are the ‘modems’ through which we connect with the realms of the Spirit. They are not the light, but they are the light-bearers, they are our personal bond to the heavenly realms, to the deeper most progressive truths and insights and spiritual experiences for us today.” (Gentle Dove 20)
- C. S. Lewis: “. . . this universe is at war. . . a civil war, a rebellion, and . . . we are living in a part of the universe occupied by the rebel. Enemy-occupied territory—that is what this world is. Christianity is the story of how the rightful king has landed, you might say landed in disguise, and is calling us all to take part in a great campaign of sabotage.” (Mere Christianity 51)
- Desire of Ages 49: “. . . into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life’s peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss. . . .To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. ‘Herein is love.’ Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!”
- Desire of Ages 352: “[The Savior] shows His followers the conflicts they must meet; He reveals the character and plan of the battle. . . . They are to contend with supernatural forces, but they are assured of supernatural help. All the intelligences of heaven are in this army. And more than angels are in the ranks. The Holy Spirit, the representative of the Captain of the Lord’s host, comes down to direct the battle. Our infirmities may be many, our sins and mistakes grievous; but the grace of God is for all who seek it with contrition. The power of Omnipotence is enlisted in behalf of those who trust in God.”
All Heaven is on your side!
The next Children’s Leadership Conference will take place on October 29th, 2022, 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM, at Chan Shun Hall, Andrews University. It is a one-day free in English & Spanish event focusing on Track 2: Teaching Children from the NAD Children’s Ministry Certification.
COLLECTING NEW UNDERWEAR AND PAJAMAS OF ALL CHILD SIZES. God's Hands 4 Kids is a ministry that started as a PMC Grow Group. We work closely with Berrien County DHHS. We maintain their "Closet" that has an inventory of clothes and other essentials that are available to workers 24/7. Many kids come into care with nothing except what they have on. We are currently collecting new underwear and pajamas. There is a collection bin in the lower PMC lobby. Items can be dropped off at RMES. We have other local 24/7 drop-off locations. Contact with us can be made through GH4K.org. Join our FaceBook page - God's Hands 4 Kids Foster...
Pioneer's fellowship dinner teams need additional members to help with the Sabbath fellowship dinners. Teams serve about three times a year. You don't need to know how to cook to be on a team. There are many ways you can be involved and enjoy the ministry together. Contact the church office at 269-471-6565 to sign-up.
The Family Life Committee invites you to Pioneer's Annual Hayride, returning after a two-year hiatus! Join us for rides through the woods, refreshments, a bonfire, and warm fellowship. Sunday, October 9, 6-8 PM at Five Pines Ministries, Berrien Center. Enjoy the beauty of fall with your Pioneer family!
Pioneer Operating Budget
John 15:4 “Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”
We worship God with our resources as a response to the call to bear fruits. John the Baptist appealed to those who were coming to him for baptism: “Produce fruit in keeping with your repentance.” (Matt. 3:8). For John, baptism and being part of God’s people were not sufficient. The Gospel of Luke shares some concrete examples of the “fruit of our repentance” that John the Baptist gave to those who came to him. He asked the tax collector not to collect any more than was required. He exhorted the soldiers not to “extort money” and “be content with your pay.” And he commanded the crowd to share their second shirt and food with the one who does not have (Lk. 3: 10-14). These examples reported by Luke have something in common; they are related to one’s attitudes towards finances and material possessions. Fruit of our repentance means being careful about how we use our resources, making sure to bless and not harm others.
The Bible tells the story of a man, Nabal, a son of Abraham who was heavily blessed but did not bear fruit of repentance in his material life. He refused to reward those who protected his flock and would harshly rebuke the servants of David who came to ask for some food. This attitude led his wife to call him wicked and to make the following comment: “He is just like his name—his name means Fool, and folly goes with him” (1 Sam. 25:25). Sadly, the following day, he had a stroke. Ten days later, he died.
As we reflect on the need to bear more fruits of repentance in our material life, let us apply the advice of Jesus: “Remain in me as I also remain in you.” This week, as we worship with our tithe and regular offerings we can bear fruits of repentance.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
Helping hands needed. Are you looking for a project that is fun to do and really helps a wonderful Andrews organization? WAUS has a large mailing that will be processed/envelope stuffed on Thursday, October 6th starting at 9:00am until every envelope is stuffed! We would love to have you join us. Please call the station at 269-471-3400 to let us know you will be joining us. Looking forward to the joy of working together.
This fall Pioneer is partnering with the Center for Faith Engagement at Andrews University to offer the Pure Desire Conference. This is a two-day event designed to raise an awareness of the factors that create and reinforce unhealthy sexual behavior. It provides a comprehensive understanding and the tools required to develop a healing ministry that offers hope and freedom to men, women, students, and families.
October 21-22, 2022
Location: Andrews University Seminary Chapel
Home & School is hosting a Bike-a-Thon/Walk-a-Thon fundraiser for the RMES students on October 23. Students have been challenged to raise at least $100 each in sponsors. Some students may not have many contacts from which to solicit sponsorship. We would like to create a list of names of potential sponsors that students could contact. If you'd like to add your name to the list, please email your contact information and the number of students you're willing to have contact you to RMESHomeAndSchool@gmail.com. Proceeds from this fundraiser will be used for the RMES carpet upgrade project (90%) and Home & School activities (10%). If you’d like to make a general donation to this fundraiser, mark your tithe envelope RMES Bike-a-Thon.
Relat(able)-video series with Louie Giglio. What if instead of looking for the right person, we become that person, that friend or spouse everyone is looking for? What if we start holding ourselves to the standards we expect of those around us? We only have one life to leave a permanent mark on eternity; why not make our relationships count?
September 3 - The Shovel and the Spoon
September 10 - The Man/Woman in the Mirror
September 17 - A God to Call Father
September 24 - The Friend Everyone Longs For
October 1 - Becoming Someone vs. Finding Someone
October 8 - Handshake of Peace
October 15 - Why Date?
October 22 - Marriage with a Mission
Everyone is welcome.
Pioneer Room 141
Sabbath, 10:30-11:30 AM