Can you believe that our last Soup for Students was three years ago? If you’re new, Soup for Students is a practical way for Pioneer to show love and care for our University students during final’s week by providing some fresh hot soup and salad. This is taking place on Tuesday, December 13th, at 6 PM in our PMC Commons. We need 30 volunteers who are willing to bring a pot of soup. You can also be involved by helping serve or clean up afterwards. For more information or to register text the word SOUP to 269-281-2345.
2017 Holiday Season
Who Makes the Wind His Messengers: The Christmas Compact
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Who Makes the Wind His Messengers:
The Christmas Compact”
- Psalm 104:4/Hebrews 1:7, 14
- Desire of Ages 48: “Heaven and earth are no wider apart today than when shepherds listened to the angels’ song. Humanity is still as much the object of heaven’s solicitude as when common men of common occupations met angels at noonday, and talked with the heavenly messengers in the vineyards and the fields. To us in the common walks of life, heaven may be very near. Angels from the courts above will attend the steps of those who come and go at God’s command.”
- Desire of Ages 440: “Angels are ever present where they are most needed, with those who have the hardest battle with self to fight, and whose surroundings are the most discouraging.”
- Douglas Cooper: “15. The providence and protection and guidance of angels become more evident in your life. ‘Are they not all ministering spirits, sent to minister for them who will be the heirs of salvation?’ (Hebrews 1:). In a very real sense, anges are the ‘modems’ through which we connect with the realms of the Spirit. They are not the light, but they are the light-bearers, they are our personal bond to the heavenly realms, to the deeper most progressive truths and insights and spiritual experiences for us today.” (Gentle Dove 20)
- C. S. Lewis: “. . . this universe is at war. . . a civil war, a rebellion, and . . . we are living in a part of the universe occupied by the rebel. Enemy-occupied territory—that is what this world is. Christianity is the story of how the rightful king has landed, you might say landed in disguise, and is calling us all to take part in a great campaign of sabotage.” (Mere Christianity 51)
- Desire of Ages 49: “. . . into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life’s peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss. . . .To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. ‘Herein is love.’ Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!”
- Desire of Ages 352: “[The Savior] shows His followers the conflicts they must meet; He reveals the character and plan of the battle. . . . They are to contend with supernatural forces, but they are assured of supernatural help. All the intelligences of heaven are in this army. And more than angels are in the ranks. The Holy Spirit, the representative of the Captain of the Lord’s host, comes down to direct the battle. Our infirmities may be many, our sins and mistakes grievous; but the grace of God is for all who seek it with contrition. The power of Omnipotence is enlisted in behalf of those who trust in God.”
All Heaven is on your side!
On Sabbath December 10, during both services, we are bringing back the toy collection to give and share with the children in our community. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy to share for ages newborn through 16. These will be given to the children in our
Join us on Friday evening, December 9, 7:00 PM, at Pioneer Memorial Church, and be inspired by a program of music, Scripture readings, and drama honoring the King of Kings.
Feast of Lights—now in its 49th year—is the Christmas musical gift from Andrews Academy to the Berrien Springs community and beyond. It is an evening of instrumental music, bells, choral and congregational singing, lights, and a Nativity scene.
Chorale and Orchestra will end the program with the Hallelujah chorus. The church sidewalks will be arrayed in Christmas lighting. The program will speak to your hearts of His wondrous love.
Experience with us the joyful retelling of the Christmas story: beginning with the humble incarnation of the long-expected Messiah, and culminating with the Lord of Lords receiving "the kingdoms of this world" and our universal expression of praise: "Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.... and He shall reign for ever and ever (Revelation 19: 6, 11:15)."
Do you have an announcement to share with the Pioneer family? Please submit all announcements online when possible. If you do not have access to Internet, you may call and leave a detailed message at 269-471-3647.
Beginning on Wednesday (7PM), August 17, House of Prayer/PM will slowly climb the summit of the Bible, Romans chapter 8. It will be a simple word by word reflection. Through discussion and meditation you’re invited to recover and revisit the heart of the gospel, the heart of God. Join the conversation and prayers in the youth chapel any Wednesday you’re free.
Would you like to be a blessing to someone during difficult times? Sign up to be placed on the list to donate food for funeral receptions. This is an easy way to share and such a blessing for the families. Call the church office at 269-471-3133 (Heidi Ha) with your name and phone number or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pioneer's Homebound Ministry is looking for names and contact information of people who are homebound and in need of some personalized attention. Text your information to 262-825-3632.
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
Pioneer’s Preschool Pray & Play group provides families who are welcoming new children into their homes (by birth, adoption, foster care, etc.) with meals. You don't need to cook to help out! We're in need of people who can:
- make and deliver meals
- order take-out and deliver it
- help us identify families who are expecting new children
As we get more volunteers, we're hoping to expand this ministry to help families identify the many rich resources available to them at Pioneer and in our community. We want to be the hands of Jesus to new parents and their kids in as families grow.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry