Ruth Murdoch Elementary School is collecting books during the month of March for their upcoming student book swap . If you have any books appropriate for grades K-8 and consistent with Christian values that you are willing to donate, please bring them to RMES during business hours between now and March 31. RMES students will have an opportunity to select a book during the week of April 3 to 7. This is a wonderful way for our church family to support our students and promote a love for reading. Please email RMESHomeAndSchool@gmail.com or speak to Kimberly Westfall if you have any questions. Thank you for your support!
2017 Holiday Season
Who Makes the Wind His Messengers: The Christmas Compact
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Who Makes the Wind His Messengers:
The Christmas Compact”
- Psalm 104:4/Hebrews 1:7, 14
- Desire of Ages 48: “Heaven and earth are no wider apart today than when shepherds listened to the angels’ song. Humanity is still as much the object of heaven’s solicitude as when common men of common occupations met angels at noonday, and talked with the heavenly messengers in the vineyards and the fields. To us in the common walks of life, heaven may be very near. Angels from the courts above will attend the steps of those who come and go at God’s command.”
- Desire of Ages 440: “Angels are ever present where they are most needed, with those who have the hardest battle with self to fight, and whose surroundings are the most discouraging.”
- Douglas Cooper: “15. The providence and protection and guidance of angels become more evident in your life. ‘Are they not all ministering spirits, sent to minister for them who will be the heirs of salvation?’ (Hebrews 1:). In a very real sense, anges are the ‘modems’ through which we connect with the realms of the Spirit. They are not the light, but they are the light-bearers, they are our personal bond to the heavenly realms, to the deeper most progressive truths and insights and spiritual experiences for us today.” (Gentle Dove 20)
- C. S. Lewis: “. . . this universe is at war. . . a civil war, a rebellion, and . . . we are living in a part of the universe occupied by the rebel. Enemy-occupied territory—that is what this world is. Christianity is the story of how the rightful king has landed, you might say landed in disguise, and is calling us all to take part in a great campaign of sabotage.” (Mere Christianity 51)
- Desire of Ages 49: “. . . into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life’s peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss. . . .To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. ‘Herein is love.’ Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!”
- Desire of Ages 352: “[The Savior] shows His followers the conflicts they must meet; He reveals the character and plan of the battle. . . . They are to contend with supernatural forces, but they are assured of supernatural help. All the intelligences of heaven are in this army. And more than angels are in the ranks. The Holy Spirit, the representative of the Captain of the Lord’s host, comes down to direct the battle. Our infirmities may be many, our sins and mistakes grievous; but the grace of God is for all who seek it with contrition. The power of Omnipotence is enlisted in behalf of those who trust in God.”
All Heaven is on your side!
Our Kindergarten program helps children grow in spiritual, academic, physical and social ways! Parents of children who will be 5 years old by September 1, 2023 are invited to our Kindergarten Parent Information Night April 4, 6:30-7:30 PM. Children are invited to Kindergarten Visitor's Day April 5. Please let us know you are coming by calling 269-471-3220.
You’re invited to send a personal message of thanks to Pastor Dwight and Karen. Selected messages will be included in a Tribute presentation to Pastor Dwight and available on this site at a later date.
-Farewell Planning Committee
Share your tribute at pmchurch.org/farewell/tributes.
On April 16, Pioneer is planning to provide beds for children in our community who don’t have any. This project, Beds for Berrien, needs your help! There are 3 main ways to assist: First, and most critical right now, you can donate. Our goal is to raise $15,000 to provide 40 beds to children who need a better sleeping situation in their homes. Your donations to the Pioneer Outreach fund will help us reach that goal! You can check our fundraising progress at pmchurch.org/beds. Second, you can help us get organized on our distribution day, April 16. This is the area that we have the most help with right now. Third, we really need more delivery teams to transport the beds and bedding to homes, and assemble the bed frames for the families. If you’d like to donate to the Pioneer Outreach fund, volunteer, and/or find more information, text BEDS to 269-281-2345 or visit pmchurch.org/beds.
The congregation of All Nations SDA Church in Berrien Springs, MI is partnering with the Groupe Francophone D'Andrews to present a special day of bilingual fellowship and worship in French and English to celebrate International Francophone Month. Breakfast will be served at 10 AM, followed by 10:30 sabbath school, 11:45 worship service, and a hot potluck lunch. All learners and lovers of French from all nationalities and backgrounds are welcome. Please contribute salads and hot dishes to the fellowship lunch as you are able. Contact Marianne Kordas at email@example.com or the All Nations SDA church at 269-473-4400 for more details
A BIG THANK YOU to all who volunteer to purchase or make food for the PMC funeral receptions. It is such a help and a blessing to us and the families. We would love to have more volunteers on our funeral dinner team. Please call 269-471-6565.
-PMC Funeral Committee
Registration is now open for the Explore Andrews Summer Camp for middle school students. Our weeklong day camp is taught by Andrews professors and covers topics such as Pre-Vet camp, Technology camp, Art camp, History camp, and Architecture camp. A daily lunch is included in the University cafeteria. Join us from June 12- June 16th!
Something In Common Sabbath School presents God As He Longs For You To See Him:
How would you describe God!? Awesome? All Powerful? Creator? While we cannot know Him exhaustively, we can know Him truly. And God longs for you to see Him as He truly is. This fascinating series studies seven attributes of God.
As you begin to see God for who He really is and what His true desires for your life are, it will change the way you pray, the way you live, and the way you think about the world around you.
- March 18 – The Goodness of God
- March 25 – The Sovereignty of God
- April 1 – The Holiness of God
- April 8 – The Wisdom of God
- April 15 – The Justice of God
- April 22 – The Love of God
- April 26 – The Faithfulness of God
Everyone is welcome to join us each Sabbath morning from 10:30-11:30 AM, in PMC Room 141
On Sunday, April 2, 2023, from 11 AM-2 PM the Village of Berrien Springs is organizing a Spring Spruce-Up to help members of our community clean up their yards. Let’s get out and be Love on the Move for some of our neighbors who could use some assistance preparing their yards for Spring. If you’d like to join Pioneer’s Spruce-Up team of volunteers, text SPRUCE to 269-281-2345 or register at https://churchteams.com/m/Register.asp?a=K2J6ODRWQlphVUk9.
Care For Cuba brings crucial resources to pastors and Bible workers in Cuba. There are 11 million people living in Cuba, and out of 400 pastors and bible workers, very few have the needed technology, transportation, and ministry resources to reach these people and finish the gospel work. You can help by giving to one or more of the projects like bikes, Bibles, computers or projectors. Your donation of any amount is 100% tax deductible and will change many lives, guaranteed! Join us by donating today. Mark your envelope as “Care for Cuba”. For more information or to donate online visit www.careforcuba.org.