We will celebrate the life of long-time Pioneer member Erich Bekowies on Sunday, August 9, at 11:00 AM, in the Pioneer sanctuary. Erich and Karen were active members until they moved this winter to be closer to their children. Erich died March 22 in Surprise, Arizona. We pray the comfort of Jesus for Karen and their children Wendy Eberhardt, Michael and families. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
The Heart Series
King of Hearts: Can You Feel the Love?
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
"King of Hearts: Can You Feel the Love?"
- King of Hearts
- Romans 15:30—"I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me."
- R. A. Torrey—"It is of the highest importance from a practical standpoint that we know the Holy Spirit as a . To think of the Spirit as merely an influence or power, then your thought will constantly be, 'How can I get hold of the Holy Spirit and use it? How can I get more of the ?’ But if you think of Him in the biblical way, as a Person of divine majesty and glory, your thought will be, 'How can the Holy Spirit get hold of me and use me? How can the Holy Spirit get more of ?’" (R. A. Torrey on the Holy Spirit: A 30-day Devotional Treasury Day 1)
- Can you believe that—the majestic, glorious Being and Person we think of as the Third Person of the Godhead you and me!
- Paul’s stunning portrayal of Trinity love:
- Romans 5:5—the love of
- Romans 5:8—the love of God the
- Romans 8:35—the love of God the
- Romans 8:38-39—the love of God the and God the
- Romans 15:30—the love of God the
- R. A. Torrey: "But had it not been for the love of the Holy Spirit to me, leading Him to come down to this world in obedience to the Father and the Son, to seek me out in my lost condition, following me day after day, and week after week, and month after month, following me when I would not listen to Him, when I deliberately turned my back upon Him, when I insulted Him, following me into places where it must have been agony for that Holy One to go, until at last He succeeded in bringing me to my senses and bringing me to realize my utterly lost condition, and revealing the Lord Jesus to me as just the Savior whom I needed, and induced me and enabled me to receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior and Lord; if it had not been for this patient, long-suffering, never-wearying love of the Spirit of God to me, I would be a lost man today." (R. A. Torrey on the Holy Spirit: A 30-day Devotional Treasury Day 3)
- Can You Feel the Love?
- Romans 13:10 The New Testament David Bentley Hart: " does not work evil against the neighbor; hence is the full totality of the Law."
- Ellen White: "If we would humble ourselves before God, and be kind and courteous and tenderhearted and pitiful, there would be conversions to the truth where now there is only one." (Testimonies to the Church 9:189)
- Bob Goff: "The world can make you think that love can be picked up at a garage sale or enveloped in a Hallmark card. But the kind of love God created and demonstrated is a costly one because it involves sacrifice and presence. It’s a love that operates more like a sign language than being spoken outright. What I learned from Randy about the brand of love Jesus offers is that it’s more about presence than undertaking a project. It’s a brand of love that doesn’t just think about good things, or agree with them, or talk about them. What I learned from Randy reinforced the simple truth that continues to weave itself into the tapestry of every great story: Love does." (Love Does 9)
Come join Neighbor to Neighbor and our community as they celebrate their new addition.
August 16, 2:00 PM
Location: 9147 US 31, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
Parents, teachers, school board, and community members are invited to join us at Ruth Murdoch Elementary School for our Annual Cleaning/Work Bee on August 9. Let's bring the school community together to enhance the RMES campus and ensure a safe, healthy, happy and welcoming learning environment for our students. Your participation will make a huge difference and will be greatly appreciated. Please remember to bring your mask.
August 9, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Location: Ruth Murodch Elementary School
Do you have the heart to serve the "least of these?" One of our Pioneer ministries provides a simple church service to those in the Juvenile Detention Center in Berrien Center. Saturday evenings at 6:00 PM we host an interactive Bible study and sing songs with the young people there. For more information and to get involved contact Rodlie Ortiz at email@example.com or call 269-471-6154.
We are inviting all youth to come out to Lake Chapin every Tuesday night from June 30 - August 11 at 6:00 PM to join us for Sun, Fun, and Faith! We will have boating, fun, and worship. Masks are encouraged and attendees are asked to remember social distancing. The Youth Department is asking for anyone with a boat who can bring it to out to Lake Chapin on Tuesday nights to contact Brooke Scott at 269-932-5783 via text or call.
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."