In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
Tales from a Vineyard
Cry Baby, Cry
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Tales from a Vineyard: Cry Baby, Cry”
»The Tale: I Kings 21
»The Truth: John 15:1-5
• Andrew Murray: “So close is the union between the vine and the branch that each is without the other, that each is wholly and only for the .” (Abide in Christ 30-31)
1.“Without the vine the branch can do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
2. “Without the branch the vine can also do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No indispensable than the vine to the branch is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus that, just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world; He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan.” (Abide in Christ 30)
3. “All the vine possesses to the branches.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “. . . all [the vine] has is at the disposal of the branches. As it is the parent, so it is the servant of the branches. . . . All [Jesus’] fullness and all His riches are for you, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists for the branches.”
(Abide in Christ 30-31)
• Ellen White: “Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (Desire of Ages 57)
• “This promised blessing [of the Holy Spirit] brings all other blessings in its train . . . according to the riches of the grace of Christ.” (Desire of Ages 672)
4. “And all the branch possesses to the vine.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• Andrew Murray: “The branch does not exist for itself, but it exists to bear fruit that can proclaim the excellence of the vine. It has not reason for existence except to be of service to the vine. . . . As Jesus gives Himself so wholly over to the believer, the believer feels himself urged to be his Lord’s. Every power of his being, every moment of his life, every thought and feeling belong to Jesus—that from Him and for Him he may bring forth fruit.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• “Now let your answer be, ‘Amen, Lord! So be it. From eternity Christ and I were ordained for ; inseparably we belong to . It is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.’” (Abide in Christ 47)
“All that You have is mine—
And all that I have is Yours.”
Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email email@example.com or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.