The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
Two Last Stories, One Final Truth
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
(Two Last Stories, One Final Truth)”
» Two Last Stories
• Vintage Tale #1—Matthew 21:28-32
• The tale modified: “There was a Father who had two congregations. He went to the first congregation and said, ‘My people, go and work today in My vineyard.’ ‘We will not!’ the congregation retorted, but later they changed their mind and went to work in their Father’s vineyard. Then the Father went to the other congregation and said the same thing, ‘My people, go and work today in My vineyard.’ The congregation responded, ‘We will, Lord.’ But they did not go and work in their Father’s vineyard. So which of the two congregations did what their Father wanted?”
• Vintage Tale #2—Matthew 20:1-15
• “‘Or are you envious because I am generous?’”
» One Final Truth
• If we have the Father’s heart, we will work the Father’s harvest.
• Revelation 7:9-12
• Bruce Wilkinson: “God has shown us how our story ends—with countless people from every nation on earth crying out joyfully to God. What part of that throng will be there because of you? What part of God’s dream is linked to your destiny? Just think what a difference you could make in many, many lives if you were to pray passionately and faithfully for enlarged territory from God, for God [in His vineyard]. Imagine the miraculous divine partnership that will grow out of your plea, Let me accomplish more for You. With His infinite ability and your willing availability, He can literally do anything.” (Beyond the Prayer of Jabez 108)
• How can you have your Father’s heart for lost people?
#1—Kneel at the foot of the cross—in your mind’s eye.
#2—Look up into your Savior’s face—remember the truth: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.” (1 Timothy 1:15)
#3—Pray for the Holy Spirit: “Are you using all your powers in an effort to bring the lost sheep back to the fold? There are thousands upon thousands in ignorance who might be warned. Pray as you have never prayed before for the power of Christ. Pray for the inspiration of His Spirit, that you may be filled with a desire to save those who are perishing.” (In Heavenly Places 338 emphasis supplied)
#4—Ask the Spirit to send you to someone today and go.
#5—Stay in the vineyard and work with the Father until the harvest is finished.
If we have the Father’s heart,
we will work the Father’s harvest.
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."
The blood shortage in America has increased due to the pandemic. We are coming together as a campus to give back to our community by giving blood. Choose your time at https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/donation-time. Amazon is offering a $5 gift card for anyone who donates! Sign up and give back!!!
Wednesday, February 24, 1:00 - 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Commons (enter through blue awning door)