(Two Last Stories, One Final Truth)”
» Two Last Stories
• Vintage Tale #1—Matthew 21:28-32
• The tale modified: “There was a Father who had two congregations. He went to the first congregation and said, ‘My people, go and work today in My vineyard.’ ‘We will not!’ the congregation retorted, but later they changed their mind and went to work in their Father’s vineyard. Then the Father went to the other congregation and said the same thing, ‘My people, go and work today in My vineyard.’ The congregation responded, ‘We will, Lord.’ But they did not go and work in their Father’s vineyard. So which of the two congregations did what their Father wanted?”
• Vintage Tale #2—Matthew 20:1-15
• “‘Or are you envious because I am generous?’”
» One Final Truth
• If we have the Father’s heart, we will work the Father’s harvest.
• Revelation 7:9-12
• Bruce Wilkinson: “God has shown us how our story ends—with countless people from every nation on earth crying out joyfully to God. What part of that throng will be there because of you? What part of God’s dream is linked to your destiny? Just think what a difference you could make in many, many lives if you were to pray passionately and faithfully for enlarged territory from God, for God [in His vineyard]. Imagine the miraculous divine partnership that will grow out of your plea, Let me accomplish more for You. With His infinite ability and your willing availability, He can literally do anything.” (Beyond the Prayer of Jabez 108)
• How can you have your Father’s heart for lost people?
#1—Kneel at the foot of the cross—in your mind’s eye.
#2—Look up into your Savior’s face—remember the truth: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.” (1 Timothy 1:15)
#3—Pray for the Holy Spirit: “Are you using all your powers in an effort to bring the lost sheep back to the fold? There are thousands upon thousands in ignorance who might be warned. Pray as you have never prayed before for the power of Christ. Pray for the inspiration of His Spirit, that you may be filled with a desire to save those who are perishing.” (In Heavenly Places 338 emphasis supplied)
#4—Ask the Spirit to send you to someone today and go.
#5—Stay in the vineyard and work with the Father until the harvest is finished.
If we have the Father’s heart,
we will work the Father’s harvest.