In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
Stories in the Rearview Mirror
Why I Believe There's an App and a Kiosk that Connect to Heaven
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Stories in the Rearview Mirror: Why I Believe There’s an App and a Kiosk that Connect to Heaven”
- James White
- “When Elder Himes visited Portland, Me., a few days after the passing of time, and stated that the brethren should prepare for another cold winter, my feelings were almost uncontrollable. I left the place of meeting and wept like a child.” (Life Incidences 182)
- “We were married August 30, 1846, and from that hour to the present [Ellen] has been my crown of rejoicing. . . . We entered upon this work penniless, with few friends, and broken in health.” (Life Sketches/1880 126-127 emphasis supplied)
- Ellen White: “I said to my husband: ‘I have a message for you. You must begin to print a little paper and send it out to the people. Let it be small at first; but as the people read, they will send you means with which to print, and it will be a success from the first. From this small beginning it was shown to me to be like streams of light that went clear round the world.” (Life Sketches 125)
- Battle Creek Journal: “He was a man of the patriarchal pattern, and his character was cast in the heroic mold. . . . [I]f the genius to shape and direct the destiny of great communities, be a mark of true greatness, Elder White is certainly entitled to the appellation. . . . Therefore, as with all true founders of communities, his life is not a broken shaft, but an enduring column, whereon others are to build.” (SDA Encyclopedia 1603)
- The Macedonians
- 2 Corinthians 8:1-9
- The great two-step of sacrificial giving
- Ellen White: “Paul was convinced that if [we] could be brought to comprehend the amazing sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven, all would be banished from [our] lives. . . . In the contemplation of Christ we linger on the shore of a that is measureless. We endeavor to tell of this love, and language fails us. We consider His life on earth, His sacrifice for us, His work in heaven as our advocate, and the mansions He is preparing for those who love Him, and we can only exclaim, O the height and depth of the love of Christ!” (Acts of the Apostles 333)
- Jesus’ great ex is God’s great ex for our great ex.
- Malachi 3:10—“‘ Me in this [tithes/offerings],’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw wide open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.’”
- 2 Corinthians 8:7—“I am not commanding you, but I want to the sincerity of your love.”
- A new kiosk and app and Kingdom Growth
“I Surrender All”
Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email email@example.com or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.