The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
The Pugwash Factor:
How to Turn Mission into Possible
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Pugwash Factor: How to Turn Mission into Possible”
- The Mission: Matthew 28:18-20/Mark 16:15/Luke 24:46, 47/John 20:21/Acts 1:8
- The Gospel: Euangellion = eu (good) + angellion (message) = “good message” “good news”
- Ellen White: “The message from God to me for you is ‘Him that cometh unto me, I will in no wise cast out’ (John 6:37). If you have nothing else to plead before God but this one promise from your Lord and Saviour, you have the assurance that you will never, never be turned away. It may seem to you that you are hanging upon a single promise, but appropriate that one promise, and it will open to you the whole treasure house of the riches of the grace of Christ. Cling to that promise and you are safe. . . . and you are as safe as though inside the city of God.” (Manuscript Releases 10:175)
- 7 Reasons for Your Life Mission:
- Reason #1—Because you were for mission.
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 TEV: “Christ changed us from enemies into his friends and gave us the of making others his friends also.”
- Steps to Christ 78: “No sooner does one come to Christ than there is born in his heart a desire to to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus; the saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart. . . . We shall seek to present to them the attractions of Christ and the unseen realities of the world to come.”
- Reason #2—Because your mission is a of Jesus’ mission on earth.
- Matthew 28:19-20 Message: “Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life. . . . I’ll be as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.”
- Desire of Ages 340: “It is in working to spread the good news of salvation that we are brought near to the .”
- Reason #3—Because your mission is a wonderful .
- 2 Corinthians 6:1—“We are workers together with .”
- Testimonies to the Church 9:102-103: “As I have thought of that cup trembling in the hands of Christ [in Gethsemane]; as I have realized that He might have refused to drink, and left the world to perish in its sin, I have pledged that every energy of my life should be devoted to the work of to Him.”
- Reason #4—Because telling others how they can have eternal life is the you can do for them.
- Acts 4:12 NCV—“Jesus is the who can save people.”
- Desire of Ages 568: “Jesus knows the circumstances of every soul. You may say, I am sinful, very sinful. You may be; but the worse you are, the more you need Jesus. He turns no weeping, contrite one away. He does not tell to any all that He might reveal, but He bids every trembling soul take courage. Freely will He pardon who come to Him for forgiveness and restoration.”
- Reason #5—Because your mission has significance.
- John 9:4 NLT—“All of us must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent me, because there is little time left before the night falls and all work comes to .”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 197: “In this work all the of heaven are ready to co-operate. All the resources of heaven are at the command of those who are seeking to save the lost. will help you to reach the most careless and the most hardened.”
- Reason #6—Because your mission gives your life .
- Acts 20:24 NLT—“My life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work to me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about God’s wonderful kindness and love.”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 419: “It is the of every soul to be a living channel through which God can communicate to the world the treasures of His grace, the unsearchable riches of Christ.”
- Reason #7—Because God’s timetable for history’s is connected to the completion of our commission.
- Matthew 24:14 NKJV—“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then will come.”
- Desire of Ages 634: “Those who watch for the Lord’s coming are not waiting in idle expectancy. . . . With vigilant watching they combine earnest working. Because they know that the Lord the door, their zeal is quickened to co-operate with the divine intelligences in working for the salvation of souls.”
- Reason #1—Because you were for mission.
The mission in your life is to fullfill your life mission.
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."
The blood shortage in America has increased due to the pandemic. We are coming together as a campus to give back to our community by giving blood. Choose your time at https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/donation-time. Amazon is offering a $5 gift card for anyone who donates! Sign up and give back!!!
Wednesday, February 24, 1:00 - 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Commons (enter through blue awning door)