The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
The Pugwash Factor:
How to Discern the Pope's Agenda for America
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Pugwash Factor: How to Discern the Pope’s Agenda for America”
- The Last Divine Appeal to the World
- Ellen White: “The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of [God’s] character of love.” (Christ’s Object Lessons 415)
- Pope Francis: “The proclamation of the saving love of God comes before moral and religious imperatives.” (My Door Is Always Open 58)
- Paul: “But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.” (Philippians 1:18)
- The First Papal Address to Congress
- “Today I would like not only to address you, but through you the entire people of the United States.” (http://time.com/4048176/pope-francis-us-visit-congress-transcript/)
- ““Yours is a work which makes me reflect in two ways on the figure of Moses. On the one hand, the patriarch and lawgiver of the people of Israel symbolizes the need of peoples to keep alive their sense of unity by means of just legislation. . . . Moses provides us with a good synthesis of your work: you are asked to protect, by means of the law, the image and likeness fashioned by God on every human face.” (Emphasis supplied)
- “I will end my visit to your country in Philadelphia, where I will take part in the World Meeting of Families. It is my wish that throughout my visit the family should be a recurrent theme. How essential the family has been to the building of this country! And how worthy it remains of our support and encouragement! Yet I cannot hide my concern for the family, which is threatened, perhaps as never before, from within and without.”
- The Last Prophecies to the Church
- Revelation 13
- Catechism of the Catholic Church #2188: “In respecting religious liberty and the common good of all, Christians should seek recognition of Sundays and the Church's holy days as legal holidays. They have to give everyone a public example of prayer, respect, and joy and defend their traditions as a precious contribution to the spiritual life of society.” (Emphasis supplied)
- Pope Francis: “The obsession with economic profit and technical efficiency puts the human rhythms of life at risk. Moments of rest, especially on Sunday, are sacred because in them we find God. . . . May we always recognize the family as the privileged place to understand, guide and sustain the gifts which arise from our celebrations, especially the Sunday Eucharist.” (http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2015/08/12/pope_francis_at_audience_cele...)
- Ellen White: “Let the principle once be established in the United States [the second power] that the church may employ or control the power of the state; that religious observances may be enforced by secular laws; in short, that the authority of church and state is to dominate the conscience, and the triumph of Rome [the first power] in this country [the second power] is assured.” (Great Controversy 581)
- “We did not follow cunningly devised fables . . . . [but] we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.” (2 Peter 1:16, 19)
- “I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe.” (John 14:29).
- “In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
- “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me to give to every one according to his work.” (Revelation 22:12)
- “Even so, come Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.” (Revelation 22:20-21)
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."
The blood shortage in America has increased due to the pandemic. We are coming together as a campus to give back to our community by giving blood. Choose your time at https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/donation-time. Amazon is offering a $5 gift card for anyone who donates! Sign up and give back!!!
Wednesday, February 24, 1:00 - 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Commons (enter through blue awning door)