Can you believe that our last Soup for Students was three years ago? If you’re new, Soup for Students is a practical way for Pioneer to show love and care for our University students during final’s week by providing some fresh hot soup and salad. This is taking place on Tuesday, December 13th, at 6 PM in our PMC Commons. We need 30 volunteers who are willing to bring a pot of soup. You can also be involved by helping serve or clean up afterwards. For more information or to register text the word SOUP to 269-281-2345.
2017 Holiday Season
Have Yourself a Windy Merry Christmas
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Have Yourself a Windy Merry Christmas”
- The Missing Person
- John D. Witvliet": "Our Christmas cards, carols, and crèches delight in the characters of the Christmas story. In pageants, there are a lot of parts to go around: Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus; the angels, the shepherds, and Magi; perhaps even Elizabeth and Zechariah, Simeon and Anna. But for all the times and ways the story is told, one key participant is almost impossible to find: the ." (Christianity Today December 2017 p58)
- Missing No Longer
The Holy Spirit Shows Up . . .
- #1—In .
- Luke 1:15—"'Your son will be filled with the even before he is born.'"
- Desire of Ages: "Even the babe in its mother’s arms may dwell as under the shadow of the Almighty through the faith of the praying mother. John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit from his birth. If we will live in communion with God, we too may expect the divine Spirit to mold our little ones, even from their moments." (512)
- #2—In a .
- Luke 1:35—"'The will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.'"
- #3 —In an .
- Luke 1:41—"When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the ."
- Luke 1:67—"His father Zechariah was filled with the and prophesied, 'Praise be to the Lord!'"
- #4—In a .
- Luke 1:80—"And the child grew and became strong in the ."
- “[The Holy] Spirit loves to the children and discover to them the treasures and beauties of the Word. The promises spoken by the great Teacher will captivate the senses and animate the soul of the child with a spiritual power that is divine.” (Child Guidance 495)
- Jean Twenge: “. . . many tech CEOs strictly regulate their own children’s technology use. When New York Times reporter Nick Bilton talked to Apple cofounder and CEO Steve Jobs in late 2010, he asked Jobs if his kids loved the iPad. 'They haven’t used it,' Jobs said. 'We how much technology our kids use at home.' Bilton was shocked, but he later found that many other tech experts also limited their children’s screen time, from the cofounder of Twitter to the former editor of Wired magazine. So even people who love technology—and make a living off of it—are cautious about their kids using it too much. As Adam Alter put it in his book Irresistible, ''t seemed as if the people producing tech products were following the cardinal rule of drug dealing: Never get high on your own supply." (iGen 292)
- #5—In the .
- Luke 2:25-26—"Simeon was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the was on him. It had been revealed to him by the that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. Moved by the he went into the temple courts... and took the child in his arms and praised God."
- Christmas primer on how to be daily baptized with the Holy Spirit:
- #1—The Set-up:
- 15 minutes every morning—alone with Jesus.
- Read one story from the Gospels—reread it to relive it.
- #2—The Ask:
- "Please baptize me with the same Holy Spirit that baptized Jesus in the story I just read."
- "Morning by morning [Jesus] communicated with His Father in heaven, receiving from Him daily a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit." (Signs of the Times November 21, 1895).
- #3—The Thank-you:
- “Thank you for the fresh baptism I’ve received from you today.”
- 1 John 5:14-15—"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him."
- #4—The Go:
- Proverbs 3:6 Message: "Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the one who will keep you on track."
- Move into the world with your Friend the Holy Spirit.
- Download the free book: www.steps-to-personal-revival.info
- #1—The Set-up:
"And with that He breathed on them and said,
'Receive the Holy Spirit.'" (John 20:22)
On Sabbath December 10, during both services, we are bringing back the toy collection to give and share with the children in our community. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy to share for ages newborn through 16. These will be given to the children in our
Join us on Friday evening, December 9, 7:00 PM, at Pioneer Memorial Church, and be inspired by a program of music, Scripture readings, and drama honoring the King of Kings.
Feast of Lights—now in its 49th year—is the Christmas musical gift from Andrews Academy to the Berrien Springs community and beyond. It is an evening of instrumental music, bells, choral and congregational singing, lights, and a Nativity scene.
Chorale and Orchestra will end the program with the Hallelujah chorus. The church sidewalks will be arrayed in Christmas lighting. The program will speak to your hearts of His wondrous love.
Experience with us the joyful retelling of the Christmas story: beginning with the humble incarnation of the long-expected Messiah, and culminating with the Lord of Lords receiving "the kingdoms of this world" and our universal expression of praise: "Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.... and He shall reign for ever and ever (Revelation 19: 6, 11:15)."
Do you have an announcement to share with the Pioneer family? Please submit all announcements online when possible. If you do not have access to Internet, you may call and leave a detailed message at 269-471-3647.
Beginning on Wednesday (7PM), August 17, House of Prayer/PM will slowly climb the summit of the Bible, Romans chapter 8. It will be a simple word by word reflection. Through discussion and meditation you’re invited to recover and revisit the heart of the gospel, the heart of God. Join the conversation and prayers in the youth chapel any Wednesday you’re free.
Would you like to be a blessing to someone during difficult times? Sign up to be placed on the list to donate food for funeral receptions. This is an easy way to share and such a blessing for the families. Call the church office at 269-471-3133 (Heidi Ha) with your name and phone number or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pioneer's Homebound Ministry is looking for names and contact information of people who are homebound and in need of some personalized attention. Text your information to 262-825-3632.
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
Pioneer’s Preschool Pray & Play group provides families who are welcoming new children into their homes (by birth, adoption, foster care, etc.) with meals. You don't need to cook to help out! We're in need of people who can:
- make and deliver meals
- order take-out and deliver it
- help us identify families who are expecting new children
As we get more volunteers, we're hoping to expand this ministry to help families identify the many rich resources available to them at Pioneer and in our community. We want to be the hands of Jesus to new parents and their kids in as families grow.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry