Out of His deep love for humanity, God changes our lives and asks us to move His love into our community and world. We are uniquely positioned at Andrews University to share the story of God’s love from the residence halls to the farthest parts of the earth. We accomplish our mission by engaging people across generations to be disciples of Jesus through the process of Connect. Grow. Serve. Go.
Your financial gift helps support ministry here at Pioneer. From local to global ministry, keeping our facility safe and clean, to outreach and family growth activities, it all provides a space to worship, learn, and grow together. We invite you to Give Purposefully, Give Faithfully, and Give Joyfully.
To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock”
»Invitation #1—Jesus’ invitation.
• Ralph Carmichael: “The Savior is waiting to enter your heart—why don’t you let Him come in? There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart—what is your answer to Him?”
• Proverbs 23:26—”My child, give Me your .”
• John 14:23—”‘Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our with them.’”
• John 14:17—”‘The Spirit of Truth with you and will be in you.’”
• Ellen White: “That heart is the happiest that has Christ as an abiding . . . . Let us acknowledge Him as our Friend and Saviour.” (My Life Today 157)
»Invitation #2—Jesus’ invitation.
• Mark 13:26, 29 NASB: “‘Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. . . . Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the .’”
• Revelation 22:12, 20: “‘Look! I am coming !’ . . . He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming ‘“
• 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3): “For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them , as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not [GK: no not] escape.”
• Ellen White: “At this time the Laodicean message is to be given, to arouse a slumbering church. Let the thought of the of time stimulate you to earnest, untiring effort. Remember that Satan has come down with great power, to work with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish.” (Selected Messages 1:196)
»Invitation #3—Jesus’ invitation.
• Jesus isn’t even the church—He’s standing on the !
• Ellen White: “The Holy Spirit waits to soften and subdue hearts; but they are not willing to open the door and let the Saviour in, for fear that He will require something of them. And so Jesus of Nazareth passes by. He longs to bestow on them the rich blessings of His grace, but they refuse to accept them. What a terrible thing it is to exclude Christ from His own temple! What a to the church!” (Testimonies to the Church 6:262)
• Song of Solomon: “[She speaks] I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: ‘[He speaks] Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.’ [She] I have taken off my robe—must I put it on again? I have washed my feet—must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my lover . . .” (Song of Solomon 5:2-5).
• Sigve Tonstad: “. . . to this thoroughly unlikeable community, Jesus propositions a privilege so amazing that I don’t dare repeat it (3:20-21).”
"Come in, Jesus"
AMEN Virtual Conference
Does your heartbeat with a desire to share Christ? Do you wish you felt more comfortable and knew how to share Christ effectively with your patients? The AMEN Conference is for you!
If you desire to have a deeper relationship with Christ so that you can be even more effective in leading your patients to reach out in faith to the Christ that you love so deeply, be sure to attend the 2020 AMEN Conference, “Touch of Faith” brought to you virtually October 29 – November 1, 2020.
Speakers include: Pastors Ted Wilson, Mark Finley, & Kameron DeVasher; Dentists Carlos Moretta and Milan Moskala; Physicians Zeno Charles-Marcel, Roger Seheult, Andi Hunsaker, Brian Schwartz, and many others.
All physicians, dentists, healthcare professionals, and pastors are encouraged to attend. There will also be a special session for medical & dental students on Friday evening.
The Pioneer Youth will now meet weekly in the Youth Chapel, and the Earliteens will meet in the Teen Loft.
Speech & Hearing Clinic
The Andres University Speech & Hearing Clinic is now offering comprehensive hearing evaluations at the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders.These appointments are open for all ages, those on campus, and all community as well. If you have concerns regarding your hearing or are willing to give an hour of your time so that our students can practice their testing skills, please contact our department to schedule your screening at 269-471-3468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A licensed audiologist will supervise all testing.
Fall 2020 Schedule (begins September 28)
Mondays at 2:30 PM
Tuesdays at 1:00 and 2:15 PM
Wednesdays at 12:45 and 2:00 PM
At this time there is no charge for the hearing evaluation, however, a donation of $25 is encouraged.
The Center for Faith Engagement and the PMC Youth Ministries are hosting a purse drive for homeless women in Berrien County. On November 12, the students on campus will fill the bags with health and beauty products and will donate them to Paris’ Purse Inc.,
a non-profit that seeks to empower homeless women by providing them with these purses. So please, if you have a handbag that you no longer use or need, we would love to put it to great use. You will find boxes in the lobbies where you can drop them off. Please drop them off by November 1.
Pioneer on Vimeo
Did you know that Pioneer video archives are all availale online through a Vimeo account? Pioneer uses Vimeo to post more than just sermons including announcements and special features. Start watching today at https://vimeo.com/pmchurch.
Pioneer's Bible Journey Sabbath School class will be using the Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God (Study Guide) next quarter, beginning October 3. If you have always wanted to read this book, which has changed so many lives, you are welcome to
join us by Zoom. The class meets each Sabbath from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. The 270-page study guide, which is conveniently divided into 12 weekly lessons, can be purchased at Amazon.com for $15.99. For more information and to receive the Zoom link each week, please contact Jane Thayer at email@example.com.
Make a Difference as an Online Chat Host
Are you friendly and do you enjoy social media? Then, we have a great opportunity for you to be involved in ministry. Through streaming its services on Facebook Live and our website, Pioneer Memorial Church reaches thousands of people every single week. We’re looking to build a new team of local moderators/hosts for our online chat experiences. You could do this from your home. For more information contact Rodlie Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love on the Move
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."