The Series continues each Sabbath through December 16. Come join us in PMC Room 141 each Sabbath morning from 10:30-11:30. Everyone is welcome on Sabbath mornings from 10:30-11:30 AM in Room 141
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Last Letter: Home Alone 19”
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock”
»Invitation #1—Jesus’ invitation.
• Ralph Carmichael: “The Savior is waiting to enter your heart—why don’t you let Him come in? There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart—what is your answer to Him?”
• Proverbs 23:26—”My child, give Me your .”
• John 14:23—”‘Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our with them.’”
• John 14:17—”‘The Spirit of Truth with you and will be in you.’”
• Ellen White: “That heart is the happiest that has Christ as an abiding . . . . Let us acknowledge Him as our Friend and Saviour.” (My Life Today 157)
»Invitation #2—Jesus’ invitation.
• Mark 13:26, 29 NASB: “‘Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. . . . Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the .’”
• Revelation 22:12, 20: “‘Look! I am coming !’ . . . He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming ‘“
• 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3): “For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them , as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not [GK: no not] escape.”
• Ellen White: “At this time the Laodicean message is to be given, to arouse a slumbering church. Let the thought of the of time stimulate you to earnest, untiring effort. Remember that Satan has come down with great power, to work with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish.” (Selected Messages 1:196)
»Invitation #3—Jesus’ invitation.
• Jesus isn’t even the church—He’s standing on the !
• Ellen White: “The Holy Spirit waits to soften and subdue hearts; but they are not willing to open the door and let the Saviour in, for fear that He will require something of them. And so Jesus of Nazareth passes by. He longs to bestow on them the rich blessings of His grace, but they refuse to accept them. What a terrible thing it is to exclude Christ from His own temple! What a to the church!” (Testimonies to the Church 6:262)
• Song of Solomon: “[She speaks] I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: ‘[He speaks] Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.’ [She] I have taken off my robe—must I put it on again? I have washed my feet—must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my lover . . .” (Song of Solomon 5:2-5).
• Sigve Tonstad: “. . . to this thoroughly unlikeable community, Jesus propositions a privilege so amazing that I don’t dare repeat it (3:20-21).”
"Come in, Jesus"
Have you tried the new elevator yet? It is complete and the glass door is installed. Many seniors and others with a need for transportation between floors are now able to reach the sanctuary and the lower level. What a blessing! Will you help us reach the goal of having it fully paid for by December of this year? We are over ¾ of the way there. See our temperature gauge in the lobby to see the weekly progress on the last quarter. We can make this happen! Please help pray for the completion of our Fundraising goal. As of 9/23/23, there is $770,105 that has been raised with $229,895 to reach our goal!
The Siegfried H. Horn Archaeological Museum is looking for volunteers to help open the museum to the community from 3-5 PM on Sabbath afternoons. If you are interested in Biblical history and how archaeology supports the Scripture, and you would like to share that with others, join our museum docent team. Please call the Assistant Curator at 269-471-6180 or email email@example.com for more information and ask for an application form.
Each Sabbath morning at both 1st and 2nd services, people gather in "The Prayer Room" to pray for the church service, the participants, the congregants (both in-house and online), and for the prayer requests submitted each week on the Connect Cards (anonymously; requestor names are not included). We participate in the congregational prayer and listen to the sermon on a monitor provided in The Prayer Room. We are in need of more volunteers for both services. You can set your own schedule - once a month, one month a quarter, two months a year, whatever works best for you! If you have a heart to pray for others or are simply looking for more information, please contact Deb Montcalm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Wednesday gathering on Zoom as we share and pray together.